To make up for the lack of art streams, I have a suggestion

I have a perfect compromise for Klei and the fanbase. We can't see the devs on stream but Klei has a youtube channel. How about every once a week they do a five minute concept art and community art prompt videos so it can be a slight replacement for the streams until the lockdowns are done?

That way we get to see what could have beens, make up for the lack of art books for all their games, Each game gets their own showcase, and then end it with a art prompt for the community? 

I would love to see Jeff Agala post more concept art on his tumblr, but having the devs figure out what concept art to feature on their youtube would be a great treat for us patrons here at Klei.

Please devs, this would be so insightful for the audience you have grown over the years. Decade even.

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Huh?

To pick out concept art to show while buying time for people to wait?

to create, maintain and curate a public area.

to find and post completed pieces that will not change and 100% will be implemented features that will not make fans angry, overly-hopeful or argumentative.

come up with fair, reasonable, original ideas for a prompt and manage the created works, keep people from calling shinanigans, keep people from begging to have their creations added, keep people from accusing them of stealing if one of the creations falls too close to a future feature and to make sure noone posts anything nasty or infringing

and to do that for what, four? five? different games simultaneously?

Actually instead of a live stream I would much rather they put that content into the game, ViA the Compendium/ the Vignettes/Cinematics.. pages.

I have played plenty of games that had developer art works unlockable for your viewing pleasures- Some of those games even included unused scrapped levels, enemy concept arts, or brief teases of upcoming dlc contents that would arrive later.

Batman Arkham had such concepts actually.. and I don’t mean to discredit this Idea in anyway (sorry if it seems that way) but now that the Compendium exists.... they should slowly start filling that up with In-Game Art and In-Game Lore.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Actually instead of a live stream

I said videos. As in archived videos that will be always on the channel. I would find it easier for the devs to make concept art videos than make fresh drawings to bide us time while we wait.

Archived