What is a good ratio of steam generators to liquid coolers

I usually use petroleum, for safety

I tried to do some math, please corrent me if I'm wrong

a Steam Generator generates 4kDTU excess heat per second. A Thermo Aquatuner exchanges the equivalent of 14 degrees temperature difference, which in case of 10kg (Polluted) Water in the pipe is 585.06 kDTU per second. (4.179 DTU/g * 14 * 10kg). If I use Petroleum with 1.760 DTU/g, it exchanges 246.4 kDTU per second. If it is Super coolant, it would be 1,181 kDTU per second. 

So if I am correct, a single Aquatuner could neutralize the heat of 146 Steam Generators (Water) or 296 (Super Coolant)?

33 minutes ago, SchlauFuchs said:

I usually use petroleum, for safety

I tried to do some math, please corrent me if I'm wrong

a Steam Generator generates 4kDTU excess heat per second. A Thermo Aquatuner exchanges the equivalent of 14 degrees temperature difference, which in case of 10kg (Polluted) Water in the pipe is 585.06 kDTU per second. (4.179 DTU/g * 14 * 10kg). If I use Petroleum with 1.760 DTU/g, it exchanges 246.4 kDTU per second. If it is Super coolant, it would be 1,181 kDTU per second. 

So if I am correct, a single Aquatuner could neutralize the heat of 146 Steam Generators (Water) or 296 (Super Coolant)?

About AT, your calculs are correct, you have a summarize here :

About Turbine, here's how much it generate depending of the steam temperature :

https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Steam_Turbine

Take a look at "Example with max pressure (2kg/s) and 5 inlet"

Because the turbine itself generate 4K DTU/sec but you have to add the steam temperature also.

28 minutes ago, SchlauFuchs said:

a Steam Generator generates 4kDTU excess heat per second.

Note the keyword there is excess.  The steam turbine also transfers 10% of the energy removed from the steam to the turbine.  So it really depends on the temperature of the steam and how many inlets are unblocked.  The wiki has a table of how much heat is deleted/transferred for common steam temperatures at the bottom of this section [1] but the 4kDTU produced is a rounding error in most cases.  The heat transferred from the steam is the a much larger contributor to how hot the turbine gets.

For example based on this table if you are using 200C steam each turbine transfers 91kDTU from the steam.  So you could cool 6 with water or 12 with super coolant.

[1] https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Steam_Turbine#Useful_equations

Always airlocks.  Dig our an area near the lava and vacuum it out.  Then continue is safe.  Use obsidian for ladders if you need to build in to the lava.  I don't remember if I was using obsidian insulated tiles as well.

You can use the corner thing to have it spit out hot igneous rock if you like.  Then you can use it for something else.

2 mesh tiles and you need to keep the magma under enough to form a tile.

20200418053559_1.thumb.jpg.9d30989b6c73e30fba132f680b556b54.jpg

Archived