QOL Update Ideas! Taken survey from 100+ Players!

I have compiled the top 10 Quality of Life wanted updates from my community during a stream with over 100+ Active DST Players. 

I hope you all enjoy them and can maybe give a bit of your own ideas in here. 

1. Let players move items closer together for example crockpots,flingos etc as of right now items need to sometimes be super far away from each other in order to be placed down.
  2. The ability to disable Lightning for some players who suffer from health issues this heavy flashing can cause serious issues this should allow for a disable button in the menu.
  3. Disable WX Overcharge noise, Sanity Noise. I have completely disabled all ambient noise due to the constant sound.
  4. Allow for Wurt to be 100% Immune to Rain. 
  5. Allow players to Ping / Share the map with other players without the use of mods. 
  6. This is more of an idea but I really really think its an awesome idea. The idea would be something called a "Cookbook". It would be on a mantle next to the kitchen or where ever you would place it in your base. The idea would be every time you finish a recipe or cook a new meal it would add the recipe to the cookbook. It would act similar to the science tab where it would offer sanity in return for cooking a complete recipe. The recipe would then be stored in the cookbook for later uses similar to the gorge cookbook. This would give new players joining a server a guide on what ingredients to use while making stuff and encourage others to make new recipes to gain sanity.
  7. Give the option to prevent the do you want to enable these mods when launching DST.
  8. Allow for the server to be changed from Survival , Endless , Wilderness mode after the server has been launched.
  9. Give a few bosses some more benefits for killing them example killing  the toadstool prevents rain for the rest of spring. 
  10. Add the ability to minimize the map to a smaller map so when pressing m you are not completely blinded by the entire map itself. 

These are my communities top ideas. I hope you enjoy them. 

9. Give a few bosses some more benefits for killing them example killing  the toadstool prevents rain for the rest of spring. 

I like spring, its raining and many boses are wet. That means with Warly's op food I can kill them 2x faster :)

Killing toadstool can prevent frog rains, even I play without frog rains in my server, many people have them and it's very anoying having frog rains 4 times in spring.

9 hours ago, AllFunNGamez said:

Allow players to Ping / Share the map with other players without the use of mods

You can share the map without mods...

19 minutes ago, PhoeniX19922 said:

9. Give a few bosses some more benefits for killing them example killing  the toadstool prevents rain for the rest of spring. 

I like spring, its raining and many boses are wet. That means with Warly's op food I can kill them 2x faster :)

Killing toadstool can prevent frog rains, even I play without frog rains in my server, many people have them and it's very anoying having frog rains 4 times in spring.

I like frog rains, is funny 

10 hours ago, AllFunNGamez said:

Allow players to Ping / Share the map with other players without the use of mods. 

These exist already in the game, you can even share the map by crafting a map for other players.

You can mark landmarks on the map for everyone to see with a lot of structures, including lazy deserters, ocuvigils, the moon orb, moonlenses with different gems, etc.

The flare's only purpose is to ping a place of the map, its super cheap and doesnt even require a science machine.

Players holding a compass can see each-other on the map in real time.

I dont mean to be rude but I think this suggestion came from people too used to play with the global positions mod, and because of the mod, they didn't explore what the game already offers to cover this.

Archived