Manual rocket landing option

It would be nice to be able to initiate a rocket landing manually.  The problem now is that the rocket simply lands itself when it returns, regardless of whether bunker doors blocking its path are closed (because of a meteor shower, for example).  Why not simply add a button in the star map screen to Land Rocket?  Until then, it just hangs out in orbit.  This could even be made an option like "Auto Land."  Or if you wanted a more complicated option, provide an output from the telescope when a rocket is inbound, so automation could make sure the bunker doors are open.

Misca

On 7/17/2020 at 5:28 PM, Sasza22 said:

I wonder how will they handle it in the dlc. And how will meteor storms work. It would help to have a "land" button but we could also use a way to automate that process.

Honestly, I'd be thrilled if they just ditched meteors altogether.  Lining the top of the map with bunkers and dealing with regolith is an exercise in tedium.

I like the concept of meteor storms, I just wish they weren't so frequent and so destructive.  And oh, how I am tired of my dups picking up 650 degree refined metals from the surface and cooking my base with it rather than getting the cool stuff I already have laying around!

On 7/17/2020 at 6:28 PM, Sasza22 said:

I wonder how will they handle it in the dlc. And how will meteor storms work.

Maybe they could add meteors as their own entity in the space screen. They could take up one or several hexagonal tiles and move around in space, affecting different asteroids and/or rockets traveling through them.

Additional space scanners could then predict where those meteors will Be in the future.

In other words create space weather that can be predicted and avoided several cycles in advance when additional scanners are built.

On 7/17/2020 at 1:25 AM, Misca said:

It would be nice to be able to initiate a rocket landing manually.  The problem now is that the rocket simply lands itself when it returns, regardless of whether bunker doors blocking its path are closed (because of a meteor shower, for example).  Why not simply add a button in the star map screen to Land Rocket?  Until then, it just hangs out in orbit.  This could even be made an option like "Auto Land."  Or if you wanted a more complicated option, provide an output from the telescope when a rocket is inbound, so automation could make sure the bunker doors are open.

Misca

I can't seem to do so :(

Archived