Hardest Difficulty All Achievements in One Run (No packages)

I don't advise the no care package.   Otherwise make sure you find a map that has all critter types on it.    Pips may or may not be available from space so if your map has no pips. You can't complete the critter whisper.        I've done it with out and my map didn't have pips and there were no pips in any of the space asteroids so that ended with a no completion. 

I did complete all achievements on rime.   The hardest part is the carnivore.   You have to focus on that first.    Good luck. 

Also on max difficulty. Food is a big deal since hunger is x2.  So prepare to make alot of mush bars since you can't plant food on lacavore.   I get iron gut dupes. Otherwise make a lot of tablets for food poisoning. 

I already beat all the achievements run before on hardest with no care packages. This was on the volcanea.

I wanted a bit more challenge. I started one on oasis and beat the carnivore and locavore, currently on cycle 250ish. Will post some updates and tips in a new thread.

Carnivore on oasis was actually not as stressful as I expected, since there were hatches to dig up everywhere.

I'm currently struggling with super sustainable, trying to get my industry up before breaking into space for solar. Maybe I just need more dupes for dedicated hamster duty.

6 hours ago, oosyrag said:

Carnivore on oasis was actually not as stressful as I expected, since there were hatches to dig up everywhere.

I'm currently struggling with super sustainable, trying to get my industry up before breaking into space for solar. Maybe I just need more dupes for dedicated hamster duty.

When I was trying to get this achievement I missed opportunity for hydrogen generator. I read description without focus and though I can't build any power generators but manual generator. With hydrogen generator this achievement seems to be very easy.

Super Sustainable

Generate 240,000kJ of power without using coal, methane, petrol or wood generators.

6 hours ago, sheaker said:

With hydrogen generator this achievement seems to be very easy.

It's nearly trivial alone, but it complicates carnivore in multiple ways, from incubators requiring labor to just making almost every electrical installation much more costly to set up and run.

Ended up going to space and dropping solar panels under mesh tiles without bunker door protection, and manually cleaning up after showers. With power from space I could get cooling and steel production going much more comfortably while progressing towards super sutainable faster. Hydrogen was in short supply, and from previous experience I like to hoard my electrolyzed hydrogen for builds and rockets.

Oasis I'd say the key is to focus on starting with really strong miners. Miners solve everything - find buried hatches and muckroot/hexalent, get through hot spots in the desert faster, get to space to hunt shove voles earlier, find slime biome for extra pacu meat, find algae in caustic and temperate biomes (plus geysers) for oxygen generation, and get to oil for lead.

Continuing with the idea that speed is key, don't build ladders during exploration. Use S shaped tunnels for vertical movement and put the ladder in later. It might take more dupe time in total, but each step by itself will be significantly streamlined and quicker if you do this, especially with limited dupe count. The good and bad thing is that S tunnels don't facilitate oxygen diffusion, but this is mostly good since it will keep your oxygen in your base where you need it, and oasis has temperate biomes scattered around with natural oxygen you can use as checkpoints to recover breath. Two birds with one stone, since you want to target these biomes for hatches and food anyway. Try to plan tunnels to avoid falling sand as much as possible, that eats up digging time. Also avoid the hotter (70C+) sand if you can, to avoid downtime healing (build medbeds everywhere, they work pretty quickly).

If you can find enough wild hatches early enough, you won't even need to incubate. Ravenous hunger can help in a way by not needing to take as many dupes as early to hit the 400kcal requirement by cycle 100. One of the deadliest parts of oasis, the heat, can be ignored since we're ranching for food and not growing anything anyway. Using fast miners will let them get farther while holding their breath and actually also conserves a significant amount of overall oxygen. They'll also be able to do more work without atmosuits in hot areas and space.

Once food is solved, everything else is just a matter of time... My target was a 6 hatch ranch per 2 dupes. Make the ranch big enough for 8 but only stock it with 6, so you have time to manually sweep eggs into a dispenser/water pit without the hatches getting cramped/overcrowded. Without incubation, 20 cycles for the eggs to turn into meat. In the meantime, you can slaughter extra hatches you find in the wild to hold you over, and try to get to the surface for shove voles to make up the difference. Avoid trying to raise your own egg producers as babies, as there is a significant time gap between them hatching and laying their first egg. The deadline for 4 dupes eating sustainable bbq only is cycle 50, later if you get a 5th dupe or start eating some bbq before then.

7 hours ago, oosyrag said:

Oasis I'd say the key is to focus on starting with really strong miners. Miners solve everything - find buried hatches and muckroot/hexalent, get through hot spots in the desert faster, get to space to hunt shove voles earlier, find slime biome for extra pacu meat, find algae in caustic and temperate biomes (plus geysers) for oxygen generation, and get to oil for lead.

Except Oasisse and Aridio are both forest biomes.  Both of them only have 1 hatch in the starting biome (always to the left of the printing pod).  There are no hatches in the desert around Oasisse.  There are biomes with hatches beyond the desert, but getting through the desert early is not easy without burning your dupes.  And as far as I know, there is only one natural hatch in Aridio, as there are no temperate biomes.  I am fairly certain you have to use other critters like pips on these maps to get enough food for carnivore.

EDIT:  I am remembering wrong.  The desert in Oasisse does have hatches.  The last Oasisse map I played had an 80-90 C desert.  This led me to wait till I could vacuum dig through the area (which was annoying due to the sand).  Maybe the hatches overheated in that time and died?

Archived