Why kley don't put a lot of things in ps4?

9 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

> mods

Cause games on PS4 do not have mods.

> The Forge

Cause it pays too little for the time and money it costs.

> Hamlet

Cause it's a DLC for a different game.

Fallout has mods on PS4

On 7/12/2020 at 3:37 PM, Gourmand said:

Fallout has mods on PS4

And Skyrim, And Fallout 4, and Fallout 76, 

And there’s an App you can install on your PS4/Xbox that lets you download and read Minecraft’s Mods.

Also the maps The Center, Ragnarok, Valguero & Crystal Isles in Ark Survival Evolved WERE Mods.. that the Developers decided to steal from the people who made them and make that content available for FREE to everyone as part of Free game updates.

So Mods DO Exist on consoles... they’re just very rare, and incredibly limited to what Sony/Microsoft will allow to be available.

Like I said in another thread I’m pretty sure you signed a terms of use agreement upon using mods that allows the developers to take any mod you create and edit, modify and redistribute said content in any manner that they so please in doing.. which technically means that if Klei wanted to-

They could take things like that Under Water Biome mod that @CaptainChaotica showed me the other day and they can add that stuff into their game as either a Free update or a Paid expansion and they wouldn’t have to pay any form of compensation to the mods creators.

And as someone who plays on Consoles.. I would appreciate if Klei could bring us the top 10-15 pc mods as actual additional contents we could play and enjoy.

(I do not know the actual NAMES or links of these mods so if someone on PC wants to come behind me and post those it would be much appreciated.)

Some of the ones I would pick include-

1- Shipwrecked & Hamlet compatibility Mod
2- Cherry Forest Mod.
3- Re-forge & Gorge Mod.
4- That Underwater Biomes Mod.
5- Uncompromising Mode Mod.
6- Haunted House Mod.
7- Playable Pets Mode Mod. 
8- 3-D Mode Mod. 

Mods becoming paid content for the company without even thanking the original creator...OOF that's awful, and I hope Klei never does anything like _that_.  Not that I would expect them to, though. 

Spoiler

I know my Steam copy of Civ III has some of the mods I had to originally take a lot of time and effort to track down, just included in it as part of the regular game..but now I'm not sure if that would be true for EVERYbody, or if the game is reading my old-version folder and just combining stuff.  Anyway if they _are_ in the official version, they're at least free.

Well, I should let ADM post the link to the Cherry Forest, since that's his baby and he does post on these forums often.  But here it is anyway!

The Cherry Forest!  Now also features a new character to play as, too.  (And she even has a proper "W" name!)

Re-"Gorge"-Itated lol...also ew.  : P  This is the main one I think.  There's also other Gorge-related stuff such as various crop/recipe/foods mods, a Sugarwood Biome, and a Victorian HUD.

Re-Forged  I do believe the Forge mod you're talking about is this.

Creeps in the Deeps (That Underwater Biomes Mod) was actually for SINGLEPLAYER...and it's sad, that it doesn't seem to work anymore now and has been abandoned.  Which is a shame 'cos the overall look and thought that went into it made it feel like a goddamn expansion pack (or at least a mini one). 
WAIT!  BREAKING NEWS!!  Apparently there _is_ a DST version of it out now...and the last time it was updated was July 17 2020!  There's actually two, one that requires/works with the following, and one that doesn't:

The Tropical Experience, which is _one of_ the mods that brings Shipwrecked-y stuff to DST, the other main one being
Island Adventures, which was made by some people from here over the course of a couple _years_. 
Also the "Megarandom World Generation" and "Multilands" mods used to have, among other things, Shipwrecked content, but unfortunately those don't work anymore which is why I'm not linking them.  Me?  I've actually used ALL of the above and have screenshots from them.  Gotta say, I still kinda miss Wickerbottom's Multirandom base...
Oh, also Shipwrecked Characters, which...obviously had to be updated a whlie ago!

When it comes to Hamlet compatiblity in DST, I'm not really sure, looking at the search results, which one is considered THE, big, main, complete Hamlety mod.  I have one of the mods with Hamlet Characters, but there's also houses, assets, playable Hamlet-themed pets, colour schemes, season changes and soundtracks.  Also Warbucks.

Uncompromising Mode,  I haven't tried this yet, but I _have_ tried some other make-the-game-harder-on-purpose stuff such as Thirst (I liked the original version better, though) and the Actual Season Randomizer.  If you're into this kind of thing, you might also like Feast and FamineBleeding/woundsKindling and Food Allergies.  

I'm not sure what the Haunted House Mod is...I looked it up and didn't find anything of that name.

Playable Pets is...good god, a whole TON of different mods and variations!  I'm'a just paste the link to the freaking SEARCH RESULT PAGE here.

The 3D Mode Mod, aka First-Person Mode, is weird but cool.  It's client-side-only as far as I know, though.

Hope this helps somebody!

...Notorious

Well, Tropical Experience was updated...

(blinks)

YESTERDAY, so I'm guessing it's probably still compatible...?

Oh, another cool "make a different type of map" one I quite like is Desert Enhancement.  Kinda the opposite of putting islands in a big thing of water, but still cool!

And now, some random pictures related to the mods I talked about here:

Spoiler

winonastreefarm.png.b408518440c8cdc7e37231ad25338f38.png

Replanting IS important--this is the desert world, after all.

winonassummervacation.png.48f6e58bce9cd1f3c337c96b99daa0a8.png

~~Summer Vacation--Wish You Were Here!~~

worldgenhatesme.png.ffd0fe6aa1833c39a77d66670cd7438d.png

This is another thing the desert world can and WILL do to you.  Clockwork biomes!  The title of this one is "worldgenhatesme", because look at the BRILLIANT touchstone placement...

megarandombase.png.36fe37f2b4b8332a4632564dea5638b0.png

My megarandom base!  Still miss ya. Also shown here:  "Birds and Berries", etc.because the apple trees.

hieasterbunny.png.58fe66c76a24aaf19bd6363ca84f6329.png

More Megarandomness:  You can run into the Easter giant bunny.

whatisthiseven.png.adb95076449847752a2a6d605ede5cff.png

My very first look at the Megarandom/Multilands world, before I remembered to look at and tweak the settings.  This shot is appropriately named, "whatisthiseven". 

walrusbeachhouse.png.169ba620ed269b780db95fd7ad927b36.png

Hey, MacTusk's movin' up in the world!  He's got a tropical BEACH house now!  :)  Also this picture obviously has the Shipwrecked Characters mod being used, which brings us to...

dstcivday114itsawater.png.544d9e2923d3685bbd2831ce23c48934.png

This screenshot from the early days of Walani's "March of Civilization" challenge, a long elaborate challenge I am totally going to update as soon as the new-content dumps stop for a while so I know what all I need to include!  : P  Anyway the pickle barrel is from "Pickle It!", and the kidney icon is from Thirst.

So it's a good thing I have a water.

firstpersondesert.png.2079a1f4d40c4b391b1e4c99c2bfe0fc.png

First Person Mod HYPE!

wigfridsbadday.png.b234b3edc01cd67ad9931e58c1af7d31.png

One of my attempts at Wilderness Mode.  You can't tell here but this world was also using the Tropical Experience--called "The Volcano Biome" at the time (this is before they added the Shipwrecked-seasonal colour overlays, so it still looks RoG "normal" here).  And good god, look at Wigfrid's stats!  It's like:

GAME:  So, what need would you like to suffer from?
WIGFRID: Yes.

wickerbottominherits.png.91eb0acaa5f08df3206ad27c2e317091.png

And then Wickerbottom inherited, after Wigfrid died of terminal Springness.  At least I think that's what happened; I don't remember.  This was also the first world where I used the "giant tree" mods, which I will now ALSO put the links to:

Evergreens 2Gether

Big Birchnuts Together

(These were made in 2015 AND STILL FREAKIN' WORK.)

EDIT:  Oh, those black spike things?  They're from this:

Spike Trap aka FINALLY, something to do with all those (CENSORED)ing extra stingers!  I'm using this one in my current world and I successfully loaded and played that only a few days ago, so...

sleepydogfish.png.120c8219cc6825ce458e1c1ffc7ec32a.png

Meanwhile, over at Island Adventures:  Chillin' with my sleepy fishy friends!

kittywantshermtv.png.1fedbd1fe7884c434b8f8094806bd69a.png

KITTY:  Moommmmyyyy...I want the radio!  :(
ME:  Sorry, dear, but it's in two inches of water. We'll have to travel half the continent to bring the boat around.

(aka what happens when the game tries its darndest to squish Hallowed Nights into an existing modded world.  lel.)

trollcherrytree.png.73c48e77c64ae7dec3d5436587b481bb.png

Back when the Cherry Trees could still troll you and the ocean was still made of cardboard.

jumpintowaterhole.png.434e3d674e7359910a82b44290fffab3.png

How you enter the Underwater Biome in "Creeps in the Deeps".  This may look like it's from (older) DST due to the presence of a kittyfluff, but I'm actually just ALSO using a Pets mod.

wigfridunderthewaves.png.13e322e13b704105f1f4a0699d32eb96.png

Under da sea...where oxygen is NOT included!

In conclusion:  I have way too many screenshots.  : P

...Notorious

5 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Mods becoming paid content for the company without even thanking the original creator...OOF that's awful, and I hope Klei never does anything like _that_.  Not that I would expect them to, though. 

Reveal hidden contents

I know my Steam copy of Civ III has some of the mods I had to originally take a lot of time and effort to track down, just included in it as part of the regular game..but now I'm not sure if that would be true for EVERYbody, or if the game is reading my old-version folder and just combining stuff.  Anyway if they _are_ in the official version, they're at least free.

Well, I should let ADM post the link to the Cherry Forest, since that's his baby and he does post on these forums often.  But here it is anyway!

The Cherry Forest!  Now also features a new character to play as, too.  (And she even has a proper "W" name!)

Re-"Gorge"-Itated lol...also ew.  : P  This is the main one I think.  There's also other Gorge-related stuff such as various crop/recipe/foods mods, a Sugarwood Biome, and a Victorian HUD.

Re-Forged  I do believe the Forge mod you're talking about is this.

Creeps in the Deeps (That Underwater Biomes Mod) was actually for SINGLEPLAYER...and it's sad, that it doesn't seem to work anymore now and has been abandoned.  Which is a shame 'cos the overall look and thought that went into it made it feel like a goddamn expansion pack (or at least a mini one). 
WAIT!  BREAKING NEWS!!  Apparently there _is_ a DST version of it out now...and the last time it was updated was July 17 2020!  There's actually two, one that requires/works with the following, and one that doesn't:

The Tropical Experience, which is _one of_ the mods that brings Shipwrecked-y stuff to DST, the other main one being
Island Adventures, which was made by some people from here over the course of a couple _years_. 
Also the "Megarandom World Generation" and "Multilands" mods used to have, among other things, Shipwrecked content, but unfortunately those don't work anymore which is why I'm not linking them.  Me?  I've actually used ALL of the above and have screenshots from them.  Gotta say, I still kinda miss Wickerbottom's Multirandom base...
Oh, also Shipwrecked Characters, which...obviously had to be updated a whlie ago!

When it comes to Hamlet compatiblity in DST, I'm not really sure, looking at the search results, which one is considered THE, big, main, complete Hamlety mod.  I have one of the mods with Hamlet Characters, but there's also houses, assets, playable Hamlet-themed pets, colour schemes, season changes and soundtracks.  Also Warbucks.

Uncompromising Mode,  I haven't tried this yet, but I _have_ tried some other make-the-game-harder-on-purpose stuff such as Thirst (I liked the original version better, though) and the Actual Season Randomizer.  If you're into this kind of thing, you might also like Feast and FamineBleeding/woundsKindling and Food Allergies.  

I'm not sure what the Haunted House Mod is...I looked it up and didn't find anything of that name.

Playable Pets is...good god, a whole TON of different mods and variations!  I'm'a just paste the link to the freaking SEARCH RESULT PAGE here.

The 3D Mode Mod, aka First-Person Mode, is weird but cool.  It's client-side-only as far as I know, though.

Hope this helps somebody!

...Notorious

Notorious? Is this code? 

Archived