Seeds Fruits and Vegetables

Well i wanna know what do you guys think about vegetables and fruits.I think its hard to get vegetables and fruits especially when you really need it. I think it should be little bit easier to obtain them. Each farm grows 1 vegetable and fruit once for per seed, its hard to make a stock. I think it would be great at least if some specific vegetables grow 2 or 3 times after first harvest or if they drop 2 vegetable or fruit instead of 1.

i think it is worthwhile to make a single plot if you have a beefalo heard or open sinkhole withing a half-day's walk from your base. gardening isn't super duper if you intend to make several of them and let them grow on their own(unless you tend to be gone for a day or two at a stretch, then feel free) but the difference in food value between ANY fruit or veg and a seed is worth it if you are willing to sink the resources into a plot and frankly if you use the crockpot for something other than perogis and meatballs it does open up your play options. i find pepper poppers to be very valuable for my needs since i can pick three cactus off the back of one and cactus are my favorite means of sanity restoration

7 hours ago, Mencken said:

You can reproduce whatever you want using a bird, so no shortage there.    I like the fact some things are rare like Dragon Fruit, Garlic and Red Peppers.

Yes but its still a bit hard to grow them in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Sweaper said:

You just need a thousand manure to grow farms successfully. Steal the berries from the base, give everything to a werepig, have fun over fertilizing and making the bird fat.

Personally I prefer going into the caves, finding the lightbulb biome and feeding them all to a werepig.

My personal record is 600 fresh plop on  a random pub server when I saw a poor wormwood in need of something to eat :wilson_cry:

5 hours ago, caesiumx305 said:

I don't know... based on my sad attempts at a real life veggie garden, I'd say its feels correct/equivalent in difficulty. XD

Yes but in real life veggies regrow even if not all of them. I still think it should be lil easier to obtain them.

11 hours ago, Warly The Cook said:

Yes but in real life veggies regrow even if not all of them. I still think it should be lil easier to obtain them.

Yea, but at least in the game you always get at least one whole veggie. 

Spoiler

My entire crop from my rl garden attempt: 

image.thumb.png.536b8a4badbc570d080997fcee08a44a.png

But yea, was half joking. I do agree on the in game gardens. The state of them doesn't make in game veggies a very viable food source.

1 hour ago, caesiumx305 said:

Yea, but at least in the game you always get at least one whole veggie. 

Hide contents

My entire crop from my rl garden attempt: 

image.thumb.png.536b8a4badbc570d080997fcee08a44a.png

But yea, was half joking. I do agree on the in game gardens. The state of them doesn't make in game veggies a very viable food source.

latest?cb=20121216102341

Archived