Jungle Content

I think jungle-ish biomes would be a neat addition to the ocean, if the moon could create Wormwood and Sea Weeds, what's stopping it from branching out and creating a plant-overrun island? Lots of potential for lore and new enemies (friends for Wormwood), a new NPC and maybe even a new boss. A giant moon flower boss could be at epicenter of the island, cutting it's roots around the map and spraying pesticides in certain bramble-y areas would make for a cool Gorge-esque minigame. Just please no more clunky ocean bosses. 

2 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

It would also be good to not always have the exact same spread for 90% of the land.  Imagine if you had a world without pig king, or without swamps O_O

Every time I say something like this, I get confused reacts on all my posts- it makes me very sad, especially since I alternate between playing DS Giant Edition & DST.

There are colossal differences between the two games and I can not quite put my finger on why.. I just know that In DST Spiky Trees only ever spawn in Swamp Biomes where as In DS solo they could spawn Anywhere..

I've even had Shipwrecked trees spawn in my DS Single Player worlds (I was not using any mods.. and was not playing Shipwrecked) that’s just an example of how unpredictable DS can be compared to the ALWAYS Predictable DST.

As for the OP’s Question as to how Jungle content could be added to DST... by this franchises official Lore- HAMLET takes place in the skies above DST/Shipwrecked.. and if a large chunk of the moon can break & crash land into the ocean, I’m sure a Jungle Biome from Hamlet could fall from the sky as well.

Who knows... the Chunk of Moon that broke off could have hit Hamlet on its way down.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Every time I say something like this, I get confused reacts on all my posts- it makes me very sad,

I think the reason you get them is because suggestions to change the game aren't relevant to questions / problems with how the game currently exists.  Similarly telling someone their problem is irrelevant "b/c mods" isn't appropriate (not a problem you have, but a similar problem you can see others exhibit.)  I know you like talking about what could be, not just what is, but recognizing when to share which view would go a long way in improving your relations on the boards (if you care to.)

While the suggestions forum doesn't get the traffic of the front page, that is where most talk of "how the game could be" belongs.  It does slip out into the main board sometimes but it should at least be a thread dedicated to the suggestion rather than derailing an existing thread.

As for your comment about jungles - I didn't play hamlet.  Did it have jungles?  I was thinking about shipwrecked jungles with the monkeys, snakes, and odd trees that obscure vision far too much for my liking lol  I do hope Klei finds a way to bring some flavor from each DS world into DST.  This is definitely the only DS version I play and I'd love to have some of the flavor of the other worlds brought in.

Yes Hamlet has Jungles, they are over ran with walking man eating piranha plants.. this is the very reason you see people complaining about the

“plants is nice to him perk” that Wormwood has- In Hamlet this meant the walking Piranha plants didn’t attack him unless provoked & until recently the Lureplant was the only plant that had a nice to Wormwood perk in DST.

In addition to the Walking Piranha Plants, there are also hanging vines that swoop down from the heavens (think of them as upside down Swamp Tentacles attacking from the top of your screen instead of from below) that when they smack the player.. causes the player to drop some of the stuff from their Inventory.

5 hours ago, Shosuko said:

It would also be good to not always have the exact same spread for 90% of the land.  Imagine if you had a world without pig king, or without swamps O_O

That sounds like a good way to make players trash worlds and create new ones cuz they didn't get the 'optimal map'

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

That sounds like a good way to make players trash worlds and create new ones cuz they didn't get the 'optimal map'

People do it already to get reed trap lol

1-2 more islands/mini archipelagos would be welcomed.

Someone proposed in other thread a "sunken ancient city" with traps and Ruin-ish loot concept. A heavy moon-like vegetation island/complex with deadly plants and possibly a plant-hybrid lunar-themed boss in center of it sounds interesting as well.

But jungle as in equatorial vegetation.. not so much. Implied climate of Constant seems to be a temperate zone. Some Hamlet/SW type jungle would feel a bit out of place. Perhaps some Moon mangroves instead, yes.

4 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

On top of adding new biomes it would be nice if kiel found a way to work all non failed survivors set pieces into every game just in varying locations that could even spawn off main island.

more set pieces arround the land, undergroud and sea would be nice

8 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

more set pieces arround the land, undergroud and sea would be nice

I’m playing DS Adventures Mode and I agree that more set pieces would be nice!! These are the largest differences between DS and DST..

Some of the key differences being- Obsidian Pillars, Pig Torch Warriors, Hostile Bee Hive Biomes, Biomes cut off in a Maze shape usually littered with Tentacle Traps and Hostile enemy mobs, Entire Biomes covered in Gas (Hamlet) “Sick” One Way Trip Wormholes & Entire Biomes covered in Maxwells Tooth Traps (Adventures Mode)

In fact I want to touch on the last two a little bit more- Seeing an Entire Biome littered full of Maxwells Toothtraps in DS adventure mode makes me very Angry that Klei hasn’t replicated this process but instead using their new Return of Them Mob- Anenemy.

A “One Way Trip” Wormhole I feel would be PERFECT for DST, You start in the easy beginning area, gather whatever you feel you need to survive, and then venture onwards to a harder Island.. 

Klei can block the entire easy island off with a large wall so you can’t just sail back into it once you take the one way trip to the harder area.

I just feel like It’s almost like when DS become a Multiplayer game... they stripped it of any of its single player hardships.. so it could be a lot more compromising. :( 

The TL:DR: More challenging set pieces that are improved versions of DS Single Players Traps, Puzzles & Map Hazards.

1 hour ago, Muzarello said:

Moon Jungles would be nice, Wormwood needs some friends, por guy just has lureplants and sea weeds, the perk is almost non-existent

Agreed. All of the native "moon life" that we've seen thus far are plant/earth based. Carrats, Saladmander, Wormwood, Sea Weeds, wobsters made out of glass and spiders made out of rock. Adding some actual threats that Wormwood could befriend would be great.

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Agreed. All of the native "moon life" that we've seen thus far are plant/earth based. Carrats, Saladmander, Wormwood, Sea Weeds, wobsters made out of glass and spiders made out of rock. Adding some actual threats that Wormwood could befriend would be great.

Wormwood was born within Hamlet, Hamlet has some pretty insane new mobs.. The Jungles of Hamlet are full of all sorts of crazy stuff, Glowfly alone are a unique concept you simply just don’t see in DST.. It’s almost like the entire island of Hamlet had more intelligent plant/pig life BECAUSE it was in the sky (and thus closer to the Moon and it’s power) But now that a Chunk of that Moon has fallen from the sky into the OCEAN of DST.. there’s no telling what kind of Long-Term effects that could have on the environment of DST.. 

Imagine- If Hamlet being closer to the Moon is what made its mobs much more intelligent.. what will happen now that Lunar Island is a literal chunk of that magical Moon that’s floating out there in the water effecting everything near it?

Archived