Natural gas appearing out of nowwhere, have i discovered a bug i should report?

so i was playing around in my new colony and was revelling in the glory of finally getting a core base together for my dupes. and i found natural gass appearing out of thin air.

Now, i have quite som natural gas piled up in my oil biome, but have literally never pumped a single packet anywhere. if you take a look at this gas overlay, the only way for gasses to enter my dupes' home base is through the vents that are connected to a spom

82646741_buggasoverlay2.thumb.jpg.aa5bd8d6d3ebdbab22cc4041d6bcad63.jpg

I had noticed this before in an earlier colony, when i had set up a core base as well, but i was using a gass range too so i figured something must've happened when laying the pipes, no big deal i thought.

But now it's happening again, and i've got no clue what it could be. The only legitimate way for the gass to get in is through my vents. so i vaccuumed out my spom room using debug, and also removed the natural gas. And a cycle later it's there again. Then i went and checked if any of my dupes posessed the flatulent trait. Unlikely since im very careful with dupe selection but still, gotta rule out other options.

1738752080_buggasoverlay3.thumb.jpg.2bb96f3f86839e97f7c41e6feefb476d.jpg

None of my dupes posess the trait. So i'm thinking, is this a bug? or are there any game mechanics that can produce natural gass that im not aware of?. i do have a fridge with food in it, some recently spoiled due to me accidentally putting a deconstruct order on one of the power wires without noticing. Could that have anything to do with it

Does anyone else have any experiences with this? 

Edit: I've taken a look at the packets appearing. It's not a matter of a couple of (milli) grams either, there's packets of hundreds of grams, some exceeding even 1kg in mass. 

Edit2: after actually spotting a packet of natural gas appearing out of nowhere before Also disappearing I've put together a bug report and issues it. 

8 hours ago, mathmanican said:

Looks like Jean is the issue here. 

image.png.84458b971622f4e7638c7e2b41afaef3.png

The game is acting completely normally. 

WHAT

Did you pull my save from the bug report? 

What the ever living hell?! 

I went over my dupes traits twice and I read past it. Whoops now I feel like an idiot. 

At least I know which dupe is going to suffer a horrifying accident now. 

2 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

I've always wanted to have a base of only flatulent people, I have not checked if it is enough power to be anything other than a nuisance.

A regular gas pump only needs to spend about 5.4% of its energy pumping NG to be power neutral I think? Even with the crappy 120W filters it'd still only be like 8.1%.

14 hours ago, mathmanican said:

Of course. I'm glad you found the offending dupe. Here is a device you could use to take care of the issue (replace the hatch of course)

mf-animated-new.gif.39870885409035f5bfba

Hide contents

Thanks, if I ever want to really kill off a dupe I'll make use of this. For now I just dunked her in magma and removed a couple ladders. IMG_20200707_165727.thumb.jpg.4bad704b48913a70c1f27b77740ee474.jpg

Archived