Change Server Event To Winter's Feast

How do I do it? I think I started the server with the Halloween Event.

I saw some threads about the console command but it didn't work for me.

I need the giftwrap since I'm using so much bundlewrap and there is only a limited amount of honeycomb. Yes I am killing bee queen every 20 or so days using tons of bunnymen and maybe getting 1-2 honeycomb at best.

You could just keep hammering the Gigantic Beehive when it has honey dripping on the sides to get a chance at a honeycomb

To quote from the wiki: "A stream of Honey flows out of the hole near the top, and hammering the Gigantic Beehive will reduce the size of the stream. Each hammering has a 49% chance of dropping 1 Honey and a 1% chance of dropping 1 Honeycomb onto the ground, which can be picked up. Honey can be repeatedly harvested until the stream is gone, without spawning the Bee Queen. Every 120 seconds, the honey stream will grow, and can be hammered again to receive more Honey. Care is to be taken, as hammering too much will spawn the Bee Queen, even when the player has no intention of summoning it."

So basically every 120 seconds you get another chance in a sense.

I don't think using console commands to change the event is cheating at all. I just should have known better and started with that event.

But summoning honeycomb or giftwrap seems very cheaty.

You could gather all of the materials required for gift wrap, spawn in the amount of gift wrap you could make with the materials, and then burn the materials. So it would sort of be like crafting it, just without the actual event. Assuming that changing the event isn't possible.

1 hour ago, Owlrus98 said:

You could just keep hammering the Gigantic Beehive when it has honey dripping on the sides to get a chance at a honeycomb

To quote from the wiki: "A stream of Honey flows out of the hole near the top, and hammering the Gigantic Beehive will reduce the size of the stream. Each hammering has a 49% chance of dropping 1 Honey and a 1% chance of dropping 1 Honeycomb onto the ground, which can be picked up. Honey can be repeatedly harvested until the stream is gone, without spawning the Bee Queen. Every 120 seconds, the honey stream will grow, and can be hammered again to receive more Honey. Care is to be taken, as hammering too much will spawn the Bee Queen, even when the player has no intention of summoning it."

So basically every 120 seconds you get another chance in a sense.

Unless I'm really bad at math, I believe a 1% chance every 2 minutes would give you honeycombs half as quickly as just killing her, even if you camp it.

3 hours ago, Ispin69 said:

How do I do it? I think I started the server with the Halloween Event.

I saw some threads about the console command but it didn't work for me.

I need the giftwrap since I'm using so much bundlewrap and there is only a limited amount of honeycomb. Yes I am killing bee queen every 20 or so days using tons of bunnymen and maybe getting 1-2 honeycomb at best.

Was this the console command you tried?

ApplySpecialEvent(SPECIAL_EVENTS.WINTERS_FEAST)
TheWorld.topology.overrides.specialevent = SPECIAL_EVENTS.WINTERS_FEAST

And it didn't work? And did you make sure that the text to the left of the console, which is toggled by hitting control which you would have likely done if you pasted the command, says "Remote" instead of "Local" (or whatever the other one is called)?

Archived