Renewability of 'Sea sprout starter'

latest?cb=20200702180711

After killing a Sea Weed, you can obtain 1 sea sprout starter that can be planted on a sea stack to grow a Sea Weed again. But Sea Weeds and sea sprouts are exposed to wildfire, eventually become extinct. So here I suggest to increase sea sprout starter's drop rate from 1, to 1~2.

Unlike bull kelp which is technically renewable by farming ocean debris (plus bull kelp itself is basically immune to wildfire), currently there's no way to duplicate sea sprout starter.

Although spittlefish somewhat protect Sea Weeds from wildfire, they don't perfectly prevent wildfire.

For some reasons the game isn't very generous when it comes to make plants renewable, we had to wait for SSSS update to have renewable saplings with Sunken Chests. So adding a rare bonus sprout loot would be cool but I'd also suggest (in addition) a new table of loots with treasures including some stuff from the Sea Weed biome :)

27 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

I wouldn't hate for it to be added to the merm kings reward table; maybe give wurt a little more utility.

This would be a cool idea since Wormwood have a special perk to harvest these plants safe, the agriculture team could use more potential :)

Then we just need a Warly's Barnacle recipes and everyone turns #Pogger

but sea stack is kind of unrenewable, even you have many sea sprout

you eventually run out of sea stack to be planted on it

sea stack does only renewable on certain limitation

Spoiler

Crab King spawns a circle of them around him when you flee the fight. -wiki

On 7/13/2020 at 6:24 AM, gghhrr said:

but sea stack is kind of unrenewable, even you have many sea sprout

you eventually run out of sea stack to be planted on it

sea stack does only renewable on certain limitation

Reveal hidden contents

Crab King spawns a circle of them around him when you flee the fight. -wiki

I wouldn't worry about running out of sea stacks anytime soon. There are so many, I heard many complaints of the amount.

8 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

I wouldn't worry about running out of sea stacks anytime soon. There are so many, I heard many complaints of the amount.

I'm sea base lover, trust me, I do live on sea for 300days, sea stack can be rare to find at that time

most ppl with two winged sails will choose to crash sea stack on path on sight for next time convienent sea routing

sea stack will eventually run out

2 minutes ago, gghhrr said:

I'm sea base lover, trust me, I do live on sea for 300days, sea stack can be rare to find at that time

most ppl with two winged sails will choose to crash sea stack on path on sight for next time convienent sea routing

sea stack will eventually run out

sure it will, but by the time that happens you will have more than enough Sea Weeds set up

Archived