Griftlands Leaderboard

With the flush of new players due to the steam release comes a revitalization of high score attainment. 

Simply Post your score, hopefully with some actual proof of doing the run, such as a screenshot, and possibly share some strategies to gain higher scores than others.

the "high score" is the final screen, where the player gets points that unlock card sets. earlier was a topic that got derailed to be only high scores, so this topic will also be about high scores.

Since i still have naught to do most days, let me just put what is the highest scores at the top, so those below them can grovel and gawk (i will generally be among you plebians)

Sal, no mutators. Monoris

sal15.thumb.png.3bdf2db1d08d806549b11635c9479c56.png.b9e406ac86a16a2366a86c7268d89dea.png

Rook, no mutators. Monoris

Rook12.thumb.png.1f8a8db58486523940ac84f46a862c21.png.b77a15cfac98ba11e45eb50008533c21.png

Pretty easy to beat indeed, since I do beat it with my only screenshot of an end game screen, which is my latest Prestige 4 genocide run (I don't think there were any Admiralty alive by the end of it, plus a few innocent bystanders). Needless to say the Spree loved me (as well as Leesha which is always a good thing).

Now get to posting people, we need actually impressive high scores.

20200617173610_1.jpg

Level 15 prestige on Sal is no big deal tbh.

Super easy to get 99 stacks of bleed, defence and counter in round 1 with proper discard deck.

I'm waiting for level 15 Rook screens, that would be impressive.

In the meantime, my level 14 Sal run.

Cheers

ez.png

9 hours ago, Monoris said:

Super easy to get 99 stacks of bleed, defence and counter in round 1 with proper discard deck.

I've ditched bleed/defense/and counter for Wound.  Wound is absolutely broken in the game, and when coupled with 0 cost cards effectively make each battle a turn one affair.  A wound+power deck shreds through everything the game can throw at you. Synergies mostly rely on what grafts you get, not so much the cards--so focus on earning lots of shills rolling for graft picks.  

10 hours ago, Monoris said:

Level 15 prestige on Sal is no big deal tbh.

I'm waiting for level 15 Rook screens, that would be impressive.

In the meantime, my level 14 Sal run.

Cheers

ez.png

12 grafts?!  

I've never seen such a thing even during Prestige 0.

I'm guessing Haggle Boon plus "Meet me at the Crossroads" mission where you got lots of shills.  

As i made the topic, i feel i must throw my own score onto the pile.

20200622235652_1.thumb.jpg.dcd8998f026c47269a1897de5692f937.jpg

Prestige 14, as i still need to grind up to prestige 16.

combine erupt deck with bleed and discard deck in large bowl, crack one egg of sudden excesses of cash, sprinkle a tiny amount of save scumming onto the dish, and throw it into the oven at 400 F for a kashio fight that was won by the scrape of my teeth so hard, it loops back around to being easy with double boulder stance and sage conversion to survive until the boulder stance's kicked in.

image.thumb.png.651e8a5e9b4d80d059d83c0f86f01386.pngPB. 

I now know exactly what it would take to get the highest score possible--RNG for making shills so you can buy grafts and love.  Most of the game is just neg/fighting at literally every opportunity then buying graftslots.  I think I prefer the Pacifist/Combat only runs more cause this run was a bit of a slog.  Looking forward to eventual speedruns of the game. 

I agree with you that the score formula encourages grinding a bit too much. It would be nice if the score bonus for winning battles / negotiations was 10-25 points, instead of 50. And maybe add score for every rare item in your deck at the end of the game or something, would make it so you have a bit more freedom in how you spend your money.

10 hours ago, pacovf said:

I agree with you that the score formula encourages grinding a bit too much. It would be nice if the score bonus for winning battles / negotiations was 10-25 points, instead of 50. And maybe add score for every rare item in your deck at the end of the game or something, would make it so you have a bit more freedom in how you spend your money.

Score should reflect the challenge of accomplishment.  Higher scores should equal higher challenge.  Spending more money actually reduces the challenge because you can buy boons and power ups.  

So to fix this...

You should actually get a score the less money you *spend* (you can earn as much as you want, but spending should detrack from your score, not add to it).  Less shills, more skills.

Basically same score system but subtract shills spent from the final tally.

You can still earn grafts as rewards, but basically any way you use money to get ahead/stay alive costs score points.  That's how it should be.  

Well, my concern was that higher scores are grindy, which isn't fun. The other (unspoken) complaint is that the best shill-to-score conversion is boons, then grafts, then nothing, and this reduces player choice, which isn't fun either (hence: please increase our score when spending money on rare items).

Making it so that spending money decreases your score does make high scores harder, but also even more un-fun. So I cannot say I am in favour of that. I would prefer score decrease from eating or drinking, or from health/resolve recovery when you sleep. Or extra score for fighting bosses wihtout allied NPCs. Makes the game harder without reducing player choice quite as much, nor being grindy. I'm sure we could think of more stuff like that.

Archived