The State of DST on the Next-Gen

Hello Klei,

Maybe this is early, but I think we should talk about the future of Don't Starve & DSTogether on PS5! Yesterday Sony announced the design of PlayStation 5 and many new games and on Cerny's The Road to PS5, He confirmed that the PS5 will be Backwards Compatible with PS4 games. 

This might be too soon for you guys to give us any statement, but it will be really appreciated to know about our beloved game future. Hoping it will be included with the 1000+ games as day-one on the PS5! 

Thanks.

I believe that as the launch will be in December, they will not give us information now, we know that Sony will offer backwards compatibility, but we do not know how Klei will behave in this regard, as it will be the first time for them, I would like to know  if at least the skins I got in those 4 years will be migrated to a ps5 account... :wilson_confused:

1 hour ago, Marco BR said:

I believe that as the launch will be in December, they will not give us information now, we know that Sony will offer backwards compatibility, but we do not know how Klei will behave in this regard, as it will be the first time for them, I would like to know  if at least the skins I got in those 4 years will be migrated to a ps5 account... :wilson_confused:

Your skins are connected to your klei account and the klei account is connected to your psn Id. I am 100% certain you will keep everything.

Hopefully on next gen the servers can be improved upon. Most Console players cant even host a 6 player game passed the 100day+ mark without seeing heavy lag and latency for most players who join. Increased characters allowed in one server would be cool as well.

On 6/18/2020 at 3:28 AM, NoscopeFelix said:

Your skins are connected to your klei account and the klei account is connected to your psn Id. I am 100% certain you will keep everything.

wait is there a way to transport skins from your PS4 klei account to your Klei Account linked to your steam ID?

I just hope we get public servers that actually have some staying power.

It's so aggravating joining multiple servers in a row and being banned just because they forget to put a password, or they don't like your character, or they constantly rollback, or just end up closing the server 3 minutes into it, or having to carry room creator because if he gets bored the game ends

These days I just either play alone or a different game until they come back on.

OH! This is really looking good... Now we just hope that Klei will support the data sharing between the too. OR at the least, we will be able to continue with our Klei account on the next-gen.

Archived