Skin of the week system

I was just thinking of a cool idea that would slightly increase the amount of players entering the game just to see what is going on.

This consists in a random weavable skin becoming on sale for a whole week, the sale is always about 2/3 of the original price. So an Elegant skin would cost 900 spools instead of 1350, Distinguished 300 instead of 450, Spiffy 100 instead of 150 and Classy being 30 instead 45. It resets the same day skin drops are reseted.

I also calculated the chances of that skin getting on sale each week:

Classy: 38,8%

Spiffy: 29,7%

Distinguished: 20,9%

Elegant: 10,6%

Common: 0%

My math doesn’t sound that accurate according to the real skin drop chance but I think you got the idea.

I really don’t mean to sound greedy in any way, I just thought it would be nice to share my idea since almost every skin in this game looks dope and I cant buy all of them :|

Maybe instead of spools costs they should make weekly sales with actual money of "some" of their packs.

EG: next week we get Maxwell forge skin set at 60% discount. The other week we get  Wendy gorge skin at 60% discount. Etc.

I think Klei finances the game development mostly on skins and DLC, it would be more affordable for many players to check weekly for cool sales of a skin they want, and Klei will keep getting revenue to keep supporting the game.

I've played some games that had this weekly sales on around ~2~ skins per week and players seem to be appreciative of this feature, but most of these games use transaction exclusively to obtain skins on a shop so nothing is free, the problem is... Don't Starve already have a shop for bundles of skin with frequent sales on updates and you can have free spools every day when you launch the game play on servers.

I think the reduction is an extra since most of skins are already cheap but giving extra weavable stuff is a very nice idea since most of old skin are drop exclusive or purchasable on the market.

Or maybe considerate doing something for Klei's reward... honestly I don't know how sales could be applied outside of the in game shop but the idea is nice.

14 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Maybe instead of spools costs they should make weekly sales with actual money of "some" of their packs.

EG: next week we get Maxwell forge skin set at 60% discount. The other week we get  Wendy gorge skin at 60% discount. Etc.

I think Klei finances the game development mostly on skins and DLC, it would be more affordable for many players to check weekly for cool sales of a skin they want, and Klei will keep getting revenue to keep supporting the game.

Wasn’t this why they changed the console version to have the Bolts currency in the first place? So they can do these discounts like this.. they did them just recently actually.. with Hallowed Nights 2019, Wendy’s Refresh in March, Wes’s Joke Refresh on April Fools.

As much as I'd love a system like this I have to agree with @ShadowDuelist: Skins seem to be the main way for klei to not only make money from dst - they are a business afterall - but also keep developing the game.

Think about it this way: between weekly and daily skin drops, twitch drops and skins you get when logging in - like the recent axe skin, klei has recently also given us 450 spools two times from links conected to the Klei rewards system, 450 spools is 1/3 of an elegant skin, it's way better than a 1/3 discount in a random skin that could be not the one you wanted. So I think it would be better if they could keep it this way, giving us some spools from time to time trought Klei rewards for keeping up with their announcements, even if this is not as flashy as a weekly discount.

Also they will be giving us Walter.

Archived