Houndius Shootius builds

Hi guys, i'm struggling to find some good uses for houndiuses, i'm interested in any design build or purpose you have for them. Screenshots are more than welcomed.

I find it's good for farming slurtles if they get close to it, but it's risky to have it too close to the mounts. Using them for hound attacks seems like a waste, but maybe saving time on trap resets is the best thing for it . I'm not into cheesing bosses by placing it on boats or that kind of stuff :D

I haven't used them for anything yet, but I have seen people use them against Hound Waves. Of course, that needs multiple of them, in an are enclosed by sculptures or fossils, and just to have enough is a tedious task. Tooth Traps are still better for hound waves. You can use them for some automatic farms, like bunnymen farm, but they can still be completely replace by Winona's Catapults. You can add them to one of these places, but ultimately, they are kinda worthless for the trouble you have to go through to get one, but that's just my opinion

Those are two builds in my current world!

~Dfly arena~

PS_Messages_20200526_143321.thumb.jpg.cccae480956cbaa562dc71b810f32423.jpg

~Hound trap/Spider farm/2 Walrus clearer~

PS_Messages_20200106_162054.thumb.jpg.34a7c4d290ade63b04927924db5d4629.jpg

When i'll have enough, i also plan to do a bee queen arena with them! Hope it inspires you :wilson_flower:

I personnaly find them only useful when you have a couple. Having one by itself is either to risky or not efficient enough imo.

21 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

Hound trap/Spider farm/2 Walrus clearer~

PS_Messages_20200106_162054.thumb.jpg.34a7c4d290ade63b04927924db5d4629.jpg

Oh! I remember that build! It looks lovely! I may build a similar one at some point... So I stop using these annoying tooth traps... I'm just very scared when placing a houndious shootious...

Sometimes the best ways to use houndious are to go totally overkill and spam as many as possible, as in the case with my DFly “arena”:

FDF875EC-F8DD-478E-B49D-FBFA93CAF1D9.thumb.jpeg.f91f6e8a091b4cccbcd8705d6c258dce.jpeg

I used to have 22, but I upgraded to 33 after ~1000 days of having extreme success with it.

The return, while taking awhile, is excellent. Even with 22 I consistently got scales each time I fought DFly and she very rarely enraged (in the 1000 days I consistently used this, I only used the flute 9 times, compared to to the average of 2-3 per normal DFly fight, and since the inclusion of 11 more I haven’t used the flute at all for 500 days).

Another helpful use for them is to get aided single target DPS with them alongside catapults. Catapults can’t hurt houndious, so it’s safe to utilize both together. I use this for my fuelweaver arena, where the catapults easily take care of the woven shadows and the houndious rapidly rank up damage against the weaver.

Of course, the last thing is simply automated hound defense. Even if it’s not the best, it’s basically free once you set it up, and the houndious will always target the hounds as they run at you.

Archived