What does Warly need to be viable?

Players without a main: "Other characters do perform way better than Warly without suffering from such a high penalty."
Players maining Warly: "Warly's abilities do not really satisfy me and he feels just like a Pick-and-Swap character."
Players with a different main: "He feels perfect, but is lacking dishes which boost other stats like speed or anything."
Solo-Players: "Warly outperforms other characters and his penalties can be compensated easily in lategame. He's fun to play."
Pros: "His Volt Goat Chaud-Froid is good as it is and does not deserve a change at all!"

11 hours ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

Warly just really needs some sort of indicator for all of the foods he's eaten, I personally get really stressed at times with Warly because I just won't remember which foods I've eaten, and how long it's been since

Yeah that's my only issue playing with him . You basically just need to master 5 or 6 good recipes to rotate or stock up ingredients and you'll be pretty efficient. Volt goats are the only tedious item to farm for me . And I might do a volt goat farm cage going forward. Sounds easy enough.

He's not really my cup of tea but he's pretty dominant if used properly . Even on solo due to buffs from food and spices. Only improvement I could see is maybe have him do an unhappy animation when inspecting a food dish that is not reset. That way you would know what to feed a bit easier. 

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

Players without a main: "Other characters do perform way better than Warly without suffering from such a high penalty."
Players maining Warly: "Warly's abilities do not really satisfy me and he feels just like a Pick-and-Swap character."
Players with a different main: "He feels perfect, but is lacking dishes which boost other stats like speed or anything."
Solo-Players: "Warly outperforms other characters and his penalties can be compensated easily in lategame. He's fun to play."
Pros: "His Volt Goat Chaud-Froid is good as it is and does not deserve a change at all!"

I'm maining Warly and I disagree, hes abilities satisfy me and thats why i main him in the first place.

1 minute ago, Steve Raptor said:

I'm maining Warly and I disagree, hes abilities satisfy me and thats why i main him in the first place.

If you're maining Warly, what's your playstyle?

• Alone in your own world
  • A new world with every new day (Not more than ~100 days in a single world)
  • Together with others in a endless/progressed world

8 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

If you're maining Warly, what's your playstyle?

• Alone in your own world
  • A new world with every new day (Not more than ~100 days in a single world)
  • Together with others in a endless/progressed world

I have two worlds atm.

One where I play solo, just a standard survival mode with caves, currently 334 days in.

And one where I play with my sister (Wigfrid), standard survival mode, currently 297 days in.

I'm not the "start a new game after 30 days" type of player, regardless of what survivor I play. I generally stick for the long run.

Just now, Steve Raptor said:

I have two worlds atm.

One where I play solo, just a standard survival mode with caves, currently 263 days in.

And One where I play with my Sister (Wigfrid), standard survival mode, currently 296 days in.

I'm not the "start a new game after 30 days" type of player, regardless of what survivor I play. I generally stick for the long run.

Then you belong to the Solo-Player category, not Players maining Warly.

4 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Then you belong to the Solo-Player category, not Players maining Warly.

1) I play with another person as well as solo

2) Majority of my time in this game (264 hours total) is playing Warly after he got released, I have at least 80 hours playing with him.

So i'm not maining Warly? and is a Solo player?

What?

Just now, Steve Raptor said:

1) I play with another person as well as solo

2) Majority of my time in this game is playing Warly.

So i'm not maining Warly?

What?

I gonna try to explain that for you:

• You are a Warly main
  • You are a Solo-Player (More or less: Playing with the same friends, starting from day one, not allowing other players to join)

And in this case, Solo-Player has a higher priority than Warly main, and in that case you belong to the Solo-Player category.

3 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

I gonna try to explain that for you:

• You are a Warly main
  • You are a Solo-Player (More or less: Playing with the same friends, starting from day one, not allowing other players to join)

And in this case, Solo-Player has a higher priority than Warly main, and in that case you belong to the Solo-Player category.

Riight...

Whatever floats, your self-invented category system, boat....

Warly is fine, as I said in other topics already there are just a few changes to be made that I believe would satisfy both the players that dislike the current status of Warly and those that love him, without making him OP, and respecting his gameplay:

Global changes:

- Caged birds should give a guaranteed second specific seed when fed with a specific vegetable. The third possible seed is the one that should have RNG chances. I think we all agree this would be more of a global QOL that would benefit all farming for everyone, not just Warly.

- Different vegetables should grow naturally throughout the land, like carrots do now. It would give more life to the land, it would make more sense for a natural enviroment, and different biomes and seasons could have a tendency for specific vegetables. This won't replace farming as the vegetables do not grow around in large quantities and take a long time to respawn, but it would help greatly with the early game ingredients collection, and would make foraging for ingredients a bit more diverse.

- Warly specific: Special food effects should last longer on him. By how much is a matter of debate, I say 50% longer duration but it could be 100% more duration too. Thats a matter of testing it out. EG: glowberrymousse makes anyone glow for 2 days, he'd glow for 3. Whatever duration his foods have on a Wilson, he'd get ×1.5 of time (or x2). Just a little buff to be special when among other characters that have specific perks and ate your foods too. And maybe a reason to stay as Warly in case you don't like him much.

Archived