You know those pancakes that we throw out, make float and throw stuff on it and how they dont do well in fights. 

wouldn't it be great if you can upgrade your boat. So malbatross will have a harder time smashing your stuff and cookie cutters wont eat your boat.(just some ideas add your own if ya want)

Note:only one upgrade at a time but you do get your stuff back

Bull kelp upgrade:    makes it harder to walk around on your boat. Too sticky for malbatross to knock your sails down. Provides great cover from cookie cutters. Cost: 25 bull kelp 

Cookie cutter upgrade:     steering the sails is slower than usual. harder to punch holes in your boat and easier to punch holes into rocks and a crab king. Allows for more reckless sailing on the high sea. Cost: 15 cookie cutter shells, 5 rope, and 2 narwhale horns.

I too, was thinking about different kinds of boats, actually. My idea was that you would craft them in a different way, but your upgrading idea is just as good. I also thought about a Scaled Boat, which would make anything on the boat, and the boat itself, immune to fire. Kinda like Scaled Flooring, but the things wouldn't even be able to catch fire, and if you light them up, they will extinguish shortly. This would be pretty useful for Summer seafaring, and you could save some space by not having to build a Fire Pit or Scaled Furnace, as campfires would be safe now. This boat would of course need at least one Dragonfly Scale, and some other things maybe, but it wouldn't have have a downside, as it is somewhat costly. Also, unlike the Scaled Flooring, this Boat wouldn't heat you up, cause that'd be a downside for summer, which is suppose to be one of the things it protects you from.

I really like the idea of specialty boats.  It could be cool to just have upgrades for them instead.

Things I was thinking about:

A cheaper, smaller, more agile boat that can be made for early game fishing and exploring but doesn't allow structures.

Adding marble to the recipe to make a boat that is resistent to collision damage.

Living logs boat that illuminates the water around the boat (but doesn't light up the boat.)

Dragon fly scales for boat that doesn't smolder in summer.

59 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

We need one of these for our snout clout.  Maybe we can win something actually useful with them? 

Only if rolling all 3 skulls means you die over dead instantly.

Although if you’ve played borderlands 2 there is an enemy you can kill that walks around lugging a slot machine on its back I wouldn’t even want to guess how much time I wasted playing around with those!

On 6/9/2020 at 11:13 AM, DaZoul said:

I also thought about a Scaled Boat, which would make anything on the boat, and the boat itself, immune to fire. Kinda like Scaled Flooring, but the things wouldn't even be able to catch fire, and if you light them up, they will extinguish shortly. This would be pretty useful for Summer seafaring, and you could save some space by not having to build a Fire Pit or Scaled Furnace, as campfires would be safe now. This boat would of course need at least one Dragonfly Scale, and some other things maybe, but it wouldn't have have a downside, as it is somewhat costly. Also, unlike the Scaled Flooring, this Boat wouldn't heat you up, cause that'd be a downside for summer, which is suppose to be one of the things it protects you from.

A scaled boat is a pretty good idea but it should be costly with no downsides because scales are pretty easy to get. Maybe a downside of it sails slower. A downside that is be fairly easier to overcome.If it puts out fires it should cost some blue gems

Cost:1 scale and 2 blue gems

On 6/9/2020 at 12:08 PM, Shosuko said:

Adding marble to the recipe to make a boat that is resistent to collision damage.

Living logs boat that illuminates the water around the boat (but doesn't light up the boat.)

A marble boat isn't a great idea. Just think about why a marble pancake wont float. The reason it was made out of shells and horns is so it could still float and it would give you a reason to sail around to get upgrades.

Living log boats sound good maybe some red gems and nightmare fuel for a glow that can help see sea stacks and the type of fish with a downside of a sanity drain. Maybe -3.5 sanity a min.

Cost :6 living logs, 2 red gems, and 5 nightmare fuel

I had a few ideas for sort of upgraded boats.
And one idea i still stick by is a "Grass top boat" where it has a surface of grass that you could plant things on!
so you can make a boat base and still have your grass and twigs with you

I love navigation mechanics at Together.

But many people have not yet adapted, and when I think of a living boat it makes me think of a smart boat, which lower the sails when you drop the anchor, slows down when you approach an island and glows during dusk and night, etc.

Mushrooms stuck around the boat and that would come out during dusk and night to light.

Barnacles... Mr0idealistic idea.

Spoiler

And there could be a float around the boat that would protect from collisions, but when it exploded it would generate waves everywhere.

Cannons, harpoons?

And boats with other shapes?

We would need a rudder, which would totally change the dynamics with the sails...

I've also been thinking of different boat ideas

What I was thinking about living logs, what if the boat slowly repairs itself. So over time it gets rid of the patches or if you poke a hole and don't have patches on you, just keep repairing and it'll slowly close the hole on its own.

Or even just boat skins. Like if you use drift wood to craft the boat, it looks white. But a different boat would be nice. Maybe bigger for better boat bases. I like the grass top idea.

Some kind of apparatus that can connect boats together

Different boat shapes

Better structure placement forgiveness ( it's so picky!)

Ability to upgrade boat HP further than 200 ( or some kind of boat armour)

A cow catcher of sorts for ramming. Loses durability and can break

The chance for a big fish to not just get away when you snap the line, but can pull you overboard

Garden boxes for farming on boats

Ability to manually stop a leak allowing someone else to repair leak/heal boat ( but if ur alone you're doomed

These are more life on a boat type things but just cool ideas I thought of

On 6/10/2020 at 1:08 AM, Shosuko said:

A cheaper, smaller, more agile boat that can be made for early game fishing and exploring but doesn't allow structures.

Every boss was designed on these pancakes ship, a small ship will become a challenge for boss design and balance.

Archived