How to kill Deerclops

2 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

You overestimate skill levels of majority of them Wortox players out there in bulk player-base. Chances of a successful teleport exactly when Deerclops does its AoE attack while also kiting it go lower and lower ..with each new spawned shadow (you will be insane pretty quick into the fight) - assuming you can execute well said teleport alone against 1 enemy at the precise time in first place. Good luck flawlessly handle Deer and 2 Terror Beaks. If other almost-insane players are close, mmmMMM - "good times" further on!

dude, the animation atack is so slow. Maybe the 1st time you try you get hit few times but is so much quick, safe and cheap. Wortox has less sanity drop from monsters, before you get so low he will be death and if a shadow spawns just jump far, kill them and go back to finish deerclops

39 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

dude, the animation atack is so slow. Maybe the 1st time you try you get hit few times but is so much quick, safe and cheap. Wortox has less sanity drop from monsters, before you get so low he will be death and if a shadow spawns just jump far, kill them and go back to finish deerclops

Tell that to bulk player base. And then watch them fail over and over again - well, the small part actually playing Wortox (~2.48% - reference here). I see this time and again in pubs - skill level really is that low - as players can't even achieve Wortox's invincibility-teleport gimmick against small fries like a Spider Queen.

PS: don't forget Deer spawns in winter when Insanity + snow-covered tiles make Shadows almost invisible. Thus extra-spicy setup to content with.

PPS: have I mentioned lag? Yeah, lag is also a thing. Yeey pubs!

24 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Tell that to bulk player base. And then watch them fail over and over again - well, the small part actually playing Wortox (~2.48% - reference here). I see this time and again in pubs - skill level really is that low - as players can't even achieve Wortox's invincibility-teleport gimmick against small fries like a Spider Queen.

PS: don't forget Deer spawns in winter when Insanity + snow-covered tiles make Shadows almost invisible. Thus extra-spicy setup to content with.

PPS: have I mentioned lag? Yeah, lag is also a thing. Yeey pubs!

Wortox has a limited and pre-determined length in which he can soul hop on Console, you can’t choose how far or how close he hops to, and he only hops  in the direction he’s facing in. 

Soul hoping away from Deerclops on console probably wont even give you enough time to release a soul to heal yourself before she’s already smashing your face in again.

Best option? Just bring two football helmets and tank fight it.

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wortox has a limited and pre-determined length in which he can soul hop on Console, you can’t choose how far or how close he hops to, and he only hops  in the direction he’s facing in. 

Soul hoping away from Deerclops on console probably wont even give you enough time to release a soul to heal yourself before she’s already smashing your face in again.

Best option? Just bring two football helmets and tank fight it.

You should probably quote @ArubaroBeefalo on this, not me. Am not the one saying is "ez pz" with just a bit of practice. I pointed at why considering Wortox's gimmick a valid general-use strategy for taking Deerclops down is actually detrimental for bulk player-base, more so as there are easier alternatives (mentioned in current topic). Sure, if you are one of the advanced players (bonus if avid "try-hard" survivalist), go for it - do Deer with Spear and no armor whatsoever via Wortox's soul-hopping invincibility, would be most cost-efficient method if you can muster it perfectly.

12 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

You should probably quote @ArubaroBeefalo on this, not me. Am not the one saying is "ez pz" with just a bit of practice. I pointed at why considering Wortox's gimmick a valid general-use strategy for taking Deerclops down is actually detrimental for bulk player-base, more so as there are easier alternatives (mentioned in current topic). Sure, if you are one of the advanced players (bonus if avid "try-hard" survivalist), go for it - do Deer with Spear and no armor whatsoever via Wortox's soul-hopping invincibility, would be most cost-efficient method if you can muster it perfectly.

as i play on computer i dont have any idea of how it works on console so just dont apply to console players also i didnt say that is easier that face tank with woodie. I said cheaper, safer and quickly. Ofc you need more practise that just eating the moose effigie.

And about shadows... men insanity advice you when a shadow spawns, there is no excuses "i dont see them" if you cant jump far away when a shadow spawns or bring few sanity food (that you dont need thanks of wortoxs sanity resistance) then there is a base problem not about the method. Pay attention you are suppose to be fighting in a dangerous situation. And about noob players, well ruin rushing makes winter more easy, that is fact, is a good advice for a new player? no, apply the same with wortox

edit: also 200hp xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

deerclops needs3 hits without armor to kill you

When I play with friends we just rush bee queen in the first autumn, killing deerclops is really easy with her crown.

Edit: I understand that this can be unrealistic for new players, but if someone wants to use this method to kill deerclops, they don't really need to have thousands of hours to use one of the many strategies available to kill her. They just need to find what is suitable for them. Besides, normally, people don't kill bee queen with the sole objective to kill deerclops after, it's mostly a side effect.

Archived