Jump to content

My Boat Got Stuck On a Sea Stack


Recommended Posts

I didn't know that I left my boat float away, and it eventually stuck in a sea stack. It's twitching like crazy. I can't interact with one sea stack stuck right in my boat, no use using console command to eliminate those sea boulders nearby, crashing and corrupting my world as I try to eliminate the boat (doesn't corrupts rollback snapshots). What should I do to save my world, and my boat if possible?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey AFS Co.,
I had the same problem lately with a Wobster Den instead of a Sea Stack.
Somehow my boats that were supposed to be a bridge to lunar island drifted apart and one of them got stuck under a wobster den exhibiting the same twitching (I described it as flickering in my bug report) you speak of. I destroyed the boat by spawning some grass on the glitched boat and ignited them with a fire staff to burn the boat. Somehow all this made the wobster den (or the sea stack in your case) have an illegal value for the remaining tool uses to work on ('workleft'). This illegal value corrupts the save file.
If you don't want to spawn flameable items on the boat via console commands then you could maybe row a boat close and burn this boat, hoping the glitched boat also catches fire in the process.

Your boat is probably doomed but you can repair your world and save file by opening it in an editor like notepad++ and searching for instances of #QNAN and set the workleft values that got bugged to a legal integer value between 1 and the max amount of 'workings' for the entity. You can find that max value in TUNING.lua


If you want to try saving your boat you might do this:
Open the corrupted save file and find the instance of the sea stack with the illegal workleft value.
Set it to a legal value.
Change this sea stacks x and y position to a slightly different location so your boat isn't trapped on or under it anymore.
Be careful that the new location doesn't cause other collisions.

Make a backup of your save files - even the corrupted ones - before trying anything of this.

You should probably have posted this thread in the bug tracker section and provided your server_log etc.

Here is the bug report I wrote on the same problem with a wobster den and a boat.

@PeterA @ScottHansen You both should probably have a look at this sometime. Two save games that were corrupted by boats floating away and getting stuck under sea structures. The save games can be repaired but not every user will be tech savvy enough or patient enough to do so.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KainMorgen said:

Hey AFS Co.,
I had the same problem lately with a Wobster Den instead of a Sea Stack.
Somehow my boats that were supposed to be a bridge to lunar island drifted apart and one of them got stuck under a wobster den exhibiting the same twitching (I described it as flickering in my bug report) you speak of. I destroyed the boat by spawning some grass on the glitched boat and ignited them with a fire staff to burn the boat. Somehow all this made the wobster den (or the sea stack in your case) have an illegal value for the remaining tool uses to work on ('workleft'). This illegal value corrupts the save file.
If you don't want to spawn flameable items on the boat via console commands then you could maybe row a boat close and burn this boat, hoping the glitched boat also catches fire in the process.

Your boat is probably doomed but you can repair your world and save file by opening it in an editor like notepad++ and searching for instances of #QNAN and set the workleft values that got bugged to a legal integer value between 1 and the max amount of 'workings' for the entity. You can find that max value in TUNING.lua


If you want to try saving your boat you might do this:
Open the corrupted save file and find the instance of the sea stack with the illegal workleft value.
Set it to a legal value.
Change this sea stacks x and y position to a slightly different location so your boat isn't trapped on or under it anymore.
Be careful that the new location doesn't cause other collisions.

Make a backup of your save files - even the corrupted ones - before trying anything of this.

You should probably have posted this thread in the bug tracker section and provided your server_log etc.

Here is the bug report I wrote on the same problem with a wobster den and a boat.

@PeterA  @ScottHansen You both should probably have a look at this sometime. Two save games that were corrupted by boats floating away and getting stuck under sea structures. The save games can be repaired but not every user will be tech savvy enough or patient enough to do so.

Could you let me know which file I open in my world folder?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KainMorgen said:

Not without seeing your server_log.
Check your private messages. We can exchange Discord or something and I'll help you.

Well, I found out that file to which last session is serialized. But it's a pain to find which sea stack's data is broken. There was "seastack" section and it includes 2700+ sea stack entities. I need a way to find which includes "workable={maxwork=-1,workleft=" and end with right bracket, but without "9". Searching by regex would work but it's struggle to make a proper one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AFS Co. said:

Well, I found out that file to which last session is serialized. But it's a pain to find which sea stack's data is broken. There was "seastack" section and it includes 2700+ sea stack entities. I need a way to find which includes "workable={maxwork=-1,workleft=" and end with right bracket, but without "9". Searching by regex would work but it's struggle to make a proper one.

Dude just ctrl+f for NAN. If your file is corrupted the same way as Mine was there will BE exactly one entry with #QNAN. The server log even hints at the #.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, KainMorgen said:

Not without seeing your server_log.
Check your private messages. We can exchange Discord or something and I'll help you.

I finally repaired my world. Thank you for advice. I couldn't find #QNAN until I corrupt my save on purpose. As I make a corrupted save, that value came up, and I edited it to 9 and calibrated its coordination. Thanks a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...