Need an empty map

On 5/23/2020 at 5:58 AM, GovorunBird said:

Since a similar thread was archived and all the save files are unavailable, I really need an empty map. Can't make one myself.. I hope that the thread will be useful for ONI testers))

Have you heard of debug mode?

Well, I know about debug mode too but ... it does take some time to clear a map, unless I am missing something.  I once tried digging the whole asteroid out at once in debug and never tried it again because it crashed my computer.  Granted I was scrolled all the way out with Alt-S.

Depending on what you need the map for, you might just carve out the part you want to build in.  Hit CTRL+F4 while in game to activate debug mode.  Last time I checked you also have to add an empty text file called debug_enable.txt to your Games/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data folder to enable it. You will need debug to do stuff in your empty map anyway, so ...

Another thing you might find useful are the templates in the lower right of the debug panel.  You can use those to add geysers/vents/oil deposits/volcanoes etc. wherever you need them.

Lastly, consider Sandbox mode.  In the Options menu, select enable Sandbox.  Then hit Shift+S in game to activate it.  With this mode you can spawn in critters/plants/seeds etc.

Does this help?  If you still want an empty map I could fiddle with it some I suppose. I kind of want one too.  It will be kind of liberating not to have so much STUFF.

FYI - don't try to auto-dig the entire map.  The sudden appearance of that many falling objects will shut down any machine I've ever tried it on.  If you want to clear a large section, use the "destroy" option on the debug menu.  That literally removes the tile from existence.

Archived