Where does Return of Them fit into the timeline?

If The Forge and The Gorge matter in the plotline, we still don't know what's their importance. Probably after those two because they may have impacted what's happening right now, so RoT would be in the present.

There was a lot of lore embedded into the whole "Gatekeepers", "Take back the hub", "Lapdogs of the Throne", Pugna being exiled, all of that just from the Forge alone. Also, we were, by Charlie's hand, sent to those worlds as conquerors, for whatever reason. I still think those two are canon, just not how.

RoT is after A New Reign, Charlie has prepped the constant and toyed with her power for too long. Now, it's time for her plan to come to fruition once and for all.

8 minutes ago, Lucenix said:

There was a lot of lore embedded into the whole "Gatekeepers", "Take back the hub", "Lapdogs of the Throne", Pugna being exiled, all of that just from the Forge alone. Also, we were, by Charlie's hand, sent to those worlds as conquerors, for whatever reason. I still think those two are canon, just not how.

RoT is after A New Reign, Charlie has prepped the constant and toyed with her power for too long. Now, it's time for her plan to come to fruition once and for all.

images.jpg.e57da4a07a7018b7242d643a9cedba32.jpg

4 hours ago, Well-met said:

forge and gorge is a "what if" scenario that has no ending.

RoT is after RoG, probably

But they aren't? I thought they canonically happen after the Fuelweaver fight

34 minutes ago, Vinwell said:

But they aren't? I thought they canonically happen after the Fuelweaver fight

logically, yes, they do happen after fighting the fuelweaver.

given that wilson was featured in both animatics for the forge and gorge, and is in the first animatic for RoT, it does fuzzy things up a bit, as there's no possible way that he'd be absent during RoT.

alternatively, alternate constants, given that more than one person can play as a character.

24 minutes ago, Voidbarker said:

logically, yes, they do happen after fighting the fuelweaver.

given that wilson was featured in both animatics for the forge and gorge, and is in the first animatic for RoT, it does fuzzy things up a bit, as there's no possible way that he'd be absent during RoT.

alternatively, alternate constants, given that more than one person can play as a character.

Or that they just got back into the Constant after the Gorge, we never know where they jumped to.

I'm on the boat that Return of Them takes place after A New Reign.

Unless the timeline looks like ANR --> Fuelweaver --> Forge & Gorge --> Survivors completely forget it ever happened (quotes from the holiday ornaments that reference the forge/gorge) --> Return of Them

i'm just a bit cynical the payoff may not be as good as we expect it to be, considering we don't even know what we're expecting. Do we want the survivors to leave? for them to be imprisoned in an even worse situation? do we want Max n' Charlie to be together?

On 5/21/2020 at 11:24 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Just look in the sky.. when part of the moon is missing a large chunk & there’s a massive freak tsunami barreling down on your location that’s when RoT takes place!

180oeb5v3zxdhjpg.jpg

correct me if im wrong but i think it takes place after the forge and gorge?

events of DS, a new reign happens, survivors mess up fuelweaver, end up in the forge, end up in the gorge, leave the gorge back to the constant, moon hits the sea, that's amore

1 minute ago, Mooagain said:

I'd say Forge and Gorge both happen after RoT, since we don't see the characters returning to the constant after the Gorge. 

oh they don't? sorry i never got a chance to beat the gorge cause bad cook crimes sdfsdd :wilson_hurt:

59 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

I'd say Forge and Gorge both happen after RoT, since we don't see the characters returning to the constant after the Gorge. 

I think we must place both events on the sidelines for now... They both seemed to have a clear direction that Klei forfeited when they saw the events weren't sustainable... So their lore isn't really being shown as canon (except for the merm thing that raises more questions than it answers) so we don't have a clear spot to place them in the timeline... 

I think RoT is a consequence of whatever happened during the events... That whatever being the key for this whole puzzle

Archived