Destroy bleach stone in place (?)

Has anyone found a way to destroy bleach in place? As in where you dig it. I'm digging some big, hot and mean boulders on my map and I'm also sweeping them to space through a vacuum shaft. I bumped on a salt water geyser pocket which of course also has a ton of bleach stone. While I can (easily) deal with the steam by either venting it into space and/or using a row of STs I don't want to wait for the bleach stone to off-gas completely. The thing is if I load it up on a conveyor rail it will off gas and ruin my vacuum and I need the vacuum while digging in >1300 degrees obsidian/abysalite.

I'm thinking of 2-3 options but I thought of asking first - perhaps there is a better solution:

1. "drown" the bleach into a pool of petroleum, dig everything else, transport it when it's safe (cool enough so I can let gases in)

2. bury the bleach stone in an enclosed 1 tile space, dig everything else, transport it when it's safe (cool enough so I can let gases in)

3. transport it from within the steam pocket through a rail built inside a solid tile

Any (other) suggestion for how I could get rid of it safely?

PS: I also have a slime pocket in the vicinity and the same situation would also apply though I can wait with the slime

Bleach.jpg

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

I usually have a storage compactor underwater for it. Whenever I mine bleach stone, I set it to "!!" priority. Not perfect, but generally good enough.

I do something similar, but I usually create a new submerged storage bin on site, then destroy it after cleanup.  That way, I can avoid getting any chlorine where it shouldn't be, like the OP's existing vacuum chambers.  I think this solution will work best for you, OP.  Except since it is obviously too hot for water in there, so I would use petroleum.  Or, you could just make a small room for a storage compactor in the larger room, sweep the bleach stone in to it, then lock the door and pump your vacuum.

Another solution, I build tiles to push it out of the way then wall it off, though this treatment is usually reserved for slime, as I don't like my dupes getting slimelung (even though it is essentially harmless these days).

As far as I know, there is no way to destroy the bleach stone on site other than melting it, but I think that would just make your problem worse.  According to oni db, bleachstone melts in to chlorine at 668.85 C.  I've never done it, but it would be faster than offgassing it I guess.

Since i use bleach stone active in my playstyle, i have no trouble anymore to deal with it. i have one or two storage compactor with a 9 priority in my filter room and the rest of it goes directly in my wild puff farm. just farm the puff eggs and put them in a closed room, no ranching needed and you get sometimes meat and forget it. Or you use the room with dasha saltvine and get almost free salt. Little sand needed to grow them, or use pips for the wild one and forget it too. 

@Baer I have no problem using the bleach stone, my current problem is getting it out of that pocket without compromising the vacuum chambers I created. As per the others' advise, I will go with drowning it in a pool of petroleum for the time being. I will have to be careful though because in some places the temperature is over 540 degrees.

This might come in handy. 

If I needed to move one tile of bleach stone or slime out of a region, I would either

1. dig out everything first before trying to get to vacuum, and then build walls over the entire region and then dig back in, or
  2. surround the single tile on all 4 sides, corner dig it, then use !!Priority to move it far away (that way it won't drop or off gas in transport). After this, I'd just build a solid tile in the recently dug out spot to destroy any off gassing. If I can't get access from above to corner grab it, then I'd do exactly what @Zarquan said. 
7 hours ago, Zarquan said:

Another solution, I build tiles to push it out of the way then wall it off, though this treatment is usually reserved for slime, as I don't like my dupes getting slimelung (even though it is essentially harmless these days).

The petro approach will still require a small room. Otherwise, there is a small window, right after digging, where the stuff will offgas before being submerged. If you don't want to loose vacuum, then make a small room (again suggested by @Zarquan

@mathmanican I get what you're saying but it's not applicable to me. As you can see, the room is already dug out and the bleach is lying on the floor. I'll go with the petroleum option just to contain it in a corner and I'll deal with it later.

Bleach_2.jpg

Archived