flooded structure

I am not sure about the exact amount, but the threshold to make a building flooded and the threshold for a building to be flooded are different. Let me explain what I mean with an example, but beware that the numbers may not be precise: I usually cool steam turbines with a little liquind on the bottom so i can have the rest be on vacuum for isolation purposes. When you are "filling" the bottom, the steam turbine doesn't get flooded until after around 150 kg of liquid per tile. Once you go above this threshold, the building gets the flooded debuff BUT keeps on being flooded until the amount of liquid goes below around 60kg. Additionally, if you keep an amount of liquid above 60kg but below 150kg, the steam turbine works, but will stop doing so on the next reload and you will have again to remove liquid to get below 60kg. I assume (though I might be wrong) that it works similarly for more or less all of the structures that can be flooded. Someone correct me if I am wrong!

45 minutes ago, suxkar said:

I am not sure about the exact amount, but the threshold to make a building flooded and the threshold for a building to be flooded are different. Let me explain what I mean with an example, but beware that the numbers may not be precise: I usually cool steam turbines with a little liquind on the bottom so i can have the rest be on vacuum for isolation purposes. When you are "filling" the bottom, the steam turbine doesn't get flooded until after around 150 kg of liquid per tile. Once you go above this threshold, the building gets the flooded debuff BUT keeps on being flooded until the amount of liquid goes below around 60kg. Additionally, if you keep an amount of liquid above 60kg but below 150kg, the steam turbine works, but will stop doing so on the next reload and you will have again to remove liquid to get below 60kg. I assume (though I might be wrong) that it works similarly for more or less all of the structures that can be flooded. Someone correct me if I am wrong!

Similar observation here.

I never go above 10-15kg / tile, and so far I've never experienced this anymore. Just make sure you have active cooling (as it's often the use of this system), and if you're still worrying about cooling speed, just add SHC on the building environnement by adding tempshift plates with high SHC.

4 hours ago, suxkar said:

Yes, there is a hysteresis in this status. Like in many other things in ONI as well, it prevents oscillation.

Archived