Jump to content

Stop Dups dropping what they're carrying, at least while in tube.


Recommended Posts

Hi

Damn please Klei stop Dups dropping what they're carrying, especially with tubes.

image.thumb.png.1fa7cfd2ad6b7901295c3053f05b12fd.png

Those are used a lot in Vacuum area, completely killing it if the item's offgassing. And some ressources are dropped in closed area also, with no dup access. I've got both snags here in this example.

And that doesn't even make any sense, ressources coming out of an insulated tube when no medium can get through it.

They will have to go out of the tube anyway, maybe wait for this moment for them to drop the stuff if you cannot wait until the final delivery ?

Can you please give some logic and less irritation on this ? Sure more than one would be a lot welcomed.

Thanks guys

Have a nice day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would be nice if they held the item at least until they exit the tube.

It would be perfect if they held the stuff until they go for a break task, then putting a sweepy in the toilets, recreation room and mess hall would be useful for cleaning up after them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2020 at 9:38 AM, Nedix said:

I fully support this, I am still haunted by the time when a dupe dropped a bottle of magma inside a tube; I didn't catch it on time and it almost ruined my base.

Maybe it was too hot and he dropped it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It should not matter the reason while inside the tube. Since the time they spend in the tube is very short, the dupes (the game) should at least wait till they get out. Much like the 1kg packets of liquid which do not vaporize inside a pipe but only when they get out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whats a point in tubes anyway?

 Duplicants with high athletics stats will actually climb faster on plastic ladders than taking a transit tube system. Same for running across metal tile.

Why bother with tubes then? Klei should buff them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, leyt1125 said:

Whats a point in tubes anyway?

 Duplicants with high athletics stats will actually climb faster on plastic ladders than taking a transit tube system. Same for running across metal tile.

Why bother with tubes then? Klei should buff them

I`m pretty sure this is not true. A dupe with max athletics won`t move down a plastic ladder faster than he would using a fire pole and transit tubes are faster then fire poles given enough distance and if they don`t have too many turns. A tube should be always faster than walking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I`m pretty sure this is not true. A dupe with max athletics won`t move down a plastic ladder faster than he would using a fire pole and transit tubes are faster then fire poles given enough distance and if they don`t have too many turns. A tube should be always faster than walking.

Thats from ONI-pedia https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Transit_Tube

Try to fact-check before post something next time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, leyt1125 said:

Thats from ONI-pedia https://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Transit_Tube

Try to fact-check before post something next time

So that site is not correct about fire poles being faster than transit tubes. They are close but the tube beats the pole over a larger distance:

So here you go. That`s a fact. Tubes beat fire poles. Now if dupes can beat the tube on metal or plastic ladders is a different question. I never had a dupe have max athletics nor had i used debug to get one but the average dupe won`t outrun a tube.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...