Iam bad at building pens (Helb)

Hi i tried to make oven with 6 grass tuft probaly you saw from youtube but it didnt work i cant plant walls closer enough so i tried to d osomething similiar with that.

i built it and it didnt work also. iam tired so much. is there any mod that have cache build or something ?

4444.png

34 minutes ago, Resul said:

Hi i tried to make oven with 6 grass tuft probaly you saw from youtube but it didnt work i cant plant walls closer enough so i tried to d osomething similiar with that.

i built it and it didnt work also. iam tired so much. is there any mod that have cache build or something ?

4444.png

wdym it didnt work? follow the steps exactly as in video

I place thw grasses as exactly how he shows but walls dont fit as how they should be i watched several times i think its about the update so i gues thats why dont work

Anyway iam looking for mod for cache builds

The video shows that the "oven" walls are diagonal and not straight like shown in your screenshot. James bucket even says that that detail is important.

Using the mod "geometric placement" might help you out with placing that set up properly without losing to much space.

Screenshot_20200508-120250_YouTube.thumb.jpg.fc4b1b045ac089b5b9c934ccc85a0dcd.jpg

Hope that helps!

i first tried that diagonal if i put grasses closer like that then walls dont able to place like in the photo. i will try again same thing and will send screenshoot so youl know what i mean

statue was my third attempt 

actually statue was work how it shouldbe the prblem is i cant put walls close enough to grasses

Here is my pain

1.png

2.png

If i turn on the geometric placement it doesnt let me put grasses closer like that btw

You are one lucky lad, i don't give up easyly when something doesn't work properly hahahaha. Instead of using grass tuft try using broken down hay walls. You can even place a bit more hay walls then what the video showed with the grass tuft, making the oven  even more efficient.

20200508130444_1.thumb.jpg.fa98893df15d51fcd6ba90cd6422f9bc.jpg20200508130633_1.thumb.jpg.72c60b88e9c58149fdbebcea97290a16.jpg

You will 100% manage to do it this way since hay wall have the same hitbox as the rock walls! Pigs dies in the matter of 3-4 second it's really cool. You then activate the flingo and your set up can be used over and over again :)

On this i hope you manage to build your contraption and have a good day!

Turn geometric placement on and place the walls first - the wall placement should allow you to place the grass within the oven properly afterwords.  Then you can lock up your bait and close the oven when ready.

firefarm-001.jpg.f5928133cbf2f96b2e66fc1b4109c3b5.jpgfirefarm-002.jpg.7d6bf51c2df3bf4c28ad5afad406ea5d.jpgfirefarm-003.thumb.jpg.bc85234293ccf92ba6395581e8911041.jpg

You can also just drop boards on the ground instead of planting the grass.  Grass will eventually become disease and go away where boards will last forever, just drop them after you loot the place.

The reason why you couldn’t place the walls when others might have been able to earlier was because there was a bug that allowed you to place walls even if the wall itself looked unable to be placed (red), which allowed you to place things much closer and still have the walls covering it. It was especially useful with stuff like the oasis, where you could surround it with walls and not have their hitbox get too much in the way. Was patched, of course.

See you are placing the grass first before the walls

Different structures and items need different amounts of space to be placed. you quickly learn this when making boats
For example, you cant put a science machine close to a chest, but you can put a chest close to a science machine

So when you place the grass first, the walls dont have enough space to be placed
so you need to put the walls first and THEN the grass, because grass doesnt need as much space

2 hours ago, Resul said:

But shosuko how did you put closer them like that ?

When you place the grass it uses the standart placement grid which is a 8x8 dots.  When you place a wall piece it uses a different 4x4 grid.  These  overlap but if you place the grass first you may or may not be able to place the wall depending on whether you placed the grass properly.  If you place the walls first then the problem solves its self as the more restrictive placement (walls) is done letting the less restrictive placement (grass) be placed easily on the correct dot.

See this image below how some placements the grass takes up 4 dots on the wall grid where another placement takes 2, and the last one only takes 1.  You need the final placement which is centered on the wall grid for this to work with grass.

grass_placement.jpg.9be87ec4ab89b37825351765e1b81a27.jpg

Also I am placing the grass - after walls - in the very corner between the walls:

grass_placement_002.jpg.c29094e4d1f0aa60069b5f27ff950823.jpg

However - as I said above - you can avoid all of the grass placement (and disease) by using boards instead.  Just drop 9 boards individually along the path instead and it works just as good.  This method is also easier for people who can't use mods because you don't need any lol

firefarm-boards-001.jpg.9e635ddbc3bf8d977307c907c3434fc4.jpg

NOTE(3 piles of 3 boards dropped individually, so there are 9 individual boards within the oven, not 3 stacks of 3)

Archived