Place any kind of wall/gate/fence on the ocean

Bird Up
  • Fixed

If you put your cursor in the right location, sometimes you'll see the build wall prompt even though it looks like you can't build a wall there. In the case of boats, this allows you to place walls on the ocean.

5d823acf3ec01_BoatWalls.gif.dc10a9654c6b6dde0a79fc4776883fa3.gif

Steps to Reproduce
Use any wall type or gate/fence to place on the farthest edge of a boat. Use an oar to see it stay on the water.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
2 hours ago, PeterA said:

@Bird Up do you know if this is happening without geometric placement?

Yea, it can happen without geo. It's b/c you can still place walls when it says build wall, even though it's highlighted red. You just need to move the mouse around till you get the prompt. Proof here: Don't Starve 2019.09.18 - 19.18.03.01_Trim.mp4

However, this was and still is useful before boats were even a thing, cause sometimes you can't place walls down in areas where a wall would fit.

Here's an example with the Oasis Lake where if I didn't move my mouse around, I couldn't place down the wall, even thought there is room and when I do it on the other corners of the Oasis Lake, I face no issues placing down the walls:

20190918195304_1.thumb.jpg.93d4219bda74e6f52cbcd7e005e7f575.jpg

Edited by lakhnish
repeated myself twice and clarification
  • Like 2

Share this comment

Yes, it works with no mods. Here's another thing. You can place any placeable structure and then place any wall/fence/gate on every space around it even though it's grayed out as a "no build zone". This bug's been around for a while. Just noticed what it does for boats though is quite odd.

It works the same way. Move your cursor round until it says "Build Wall" on a tile that is grayed out.

The bug is actually really useful for making pig and beefalo pens and things like that. It's nice how it works now, but the boat thing is an obvious issue.

WallzBoi.thumb.png.47995c89fe35c5b20d3e3aaca3cf4cc6.png

Edited by Bird Up
  • Like 1

Share this comment