14 hours ago, Superium said:

Why assassin creed has almost 0sec lag when save?

I don`t know how much it has to save but i expect oni has a lot more moving parts that need saving. Every tile has a mass, temperature and a dozen other parameters that are dynamic and need to be saved. Every single job on every single dupe needs to be saved. Not to mention building states, automation, work progress etc. Compared to that an adventure game has very little things that need to be saved, even if it`s graphic requirements are much higher.

10 hours ago, pether said:

I'm not sure how graphics could affect save files...

That`s what i meant, probably phrased that incorrectly, graphics can cause the game to run slow but don`t affect how fast it saves.

Because assassin's creed does not save whole state of the map. 19MB file size for a decent world save for ONI that i'm pretty sure is compressed and holds current game state of everything except printing pod roll status.

Compared to odyssey save file 0.5MB.

Well what I intented to share idea to improve the game experience.

My idea is can you do a lazy load/save or study how other game handle laggin when save

I hope THIS game will seemless working without lag and I believe developer can do it. its 2020

Lagging when enter new day or save is not a good ux.

Just to mention that the other game can do without lag.

7 hours ago, Superium said:

Well what I intented to share idea to improve the game experience

And the other people probably just intended to answer the question that was actually asked in the initial post and were just explaining the difference between saving action game with static maps and and the game with dynamic map with numerous properties. I think the idea is kind of lost behind that question.

study how other game handle laggin when save

One of the recent updates touched the subject of game saving. I'm sure devs are already working on the problem. Sure, providing an example of somebody successfully solving game saving lag problem could make a valuable suggestion, but the initial post mentions the game that likely never had that problem, for the reasons explained by previous responces.

My idea is can you do a lazy load/save

Could you please describle more precisely what concept of lazy saving do you have in mind?

Just to mention that the other game can do without lag.

The problem is that this fact alone does not mean anything. It's like picking a single player FPS and than mention on the forums of the random multiplayer game that this single player game is being able to run without lags and ping. An explained example of the game with the amounts of data simillar to ONI that does not lag on game save would make a far better argument.

Archived