Nature reserve - How long is the required "walk in the park?"

How long must a dupe be in a nature reserve for them to acquire the buff?

I can tell you it is not "1 tile" because I made the attached design and they were not getting the buff when only crossing the single tile.  They'd only get the buff in the larger area.

Thanks for your replies.

nature reserve.jpg

EDIT:  A test reveals that it is actually 2.  I debugged in an additional tile and dupes walking through are getting the buff.

39 minutes ago, Crapgame said:

I can tell you it is not "1 tile" because I made the attached design and they were not getting the buff when only crossing the single tile.  They'd only get the buff in the larger area.

I wonder if that is because they jumped through the area and were never actually standing in the park?

That's a great observation.  I can't think of a way to test that though without cutting off the park.

EDIT: Yep, it's the jump.  More tests confirmed that they need to walk on a tile/ladder/pole to get the buff.

This is because the dupes teleport across gaps. It’s why you don’t get the soaking wet debuff crossing viscogel if you make a viscogel barrier three tiles deep instead of two with the third tile below floor level. 

11 minutes ago, Kderosa said:

This is because the dupes teleport across gaps. It’s why you don’t get the soaking wet debuff crossing viscogel if you make a viscogel barrier three tiles deep instead of two with the third tile below floor level. 

Pretty much. The animation shows them crossing the space, but they are never really there.

Archived