I created a simple method for you to defeat the crab king solo with any character.

I created many farms and methods, some of them are big in the community, like the tentacle method with grass walls and toadstool arena.
And i have more to share soon in my channel.

I know i use 80% of star caller's staff, but you can optimize more than me.

My only problem with this method is that you're zooming out way farther than is possible in the vanilla game. I'm sure you can just jump on another boat and speed away instead of telepoofing, but I still dislike how this showcase of it isn't possible without mods.

3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

My only problem with this method is that you're zooming out way farther than is possible in the vanilla game. I'm sure you can just jump on another boat and speed away instead of telepoofing, but I still dislike how this showcase of it isn't possible without mods.

yes you can just run away using a boat bridge with a flingo in the end or use client mod (Camera Tweaks)

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Klei should give him a direct atack, to many people killing him with bees...

I preffer to suffer but participate in the fight

Well, you can, people can kill with bees or not just choose your way. your server your rules.
You need to have options like the other bosses, like bee queen toadstool, not fix every farm and method

Is there any ways to remove the gem we put on him ? I'm before the fight, but I put blue gems and I guess it was not the best... I would like to change to purple. So long to freeze him with the ice staff on blue gems, and the freezin radius... Am I stuck ? 

7 hours ago, Shosuko said:

did you see this one @SirchristopherI ?

btw i like your toadstool videos too. thx for your tips on bosses and world.

wow, this is amazing, it's very smart, I'm going to try to create something with this idea.
thanks for share

By the way i make a second version without star caller's staff

7 hours ago, Shosuko said:

did you see this one @SirchristopherI ?

btw i like your toadstool videos too. thx for your tips on bosses and world.

it's your channel ?

41 minutes ago, SirchristopherI said:

By the way i make a second version without star caller's staff

I don't understand crab king's AI 100%, does he prioritize his geyser spell over his frost nova if you're moving the boat around?

Also I noticed the one frame of "If you want this easier just use wolfgang" at 5:05.

It is really amazing that it can be killed so easily, i've not even tried yet as there doesn't  seem to be a point yet as it doesn't drop anything good.  

Still it is really amazing how it can be killed with such low investment, hopefully klei won't change this as i really dislike bosses that are made for multiple people to fight.

2 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

It is really amazing that it can be killed so easily, i've not even tried yet as there doesn't  seem to be a point yet as it doesn't drop anything good.  

Still it is really amazing how it can be killed with such low investment, hopefully klei won't change this as i really dislike bosses that are made for multiple people to fight.

Every boss can be killed by one player and this is not an exception

You can kill crab king even rowing to evade the speels with no need of stack boats

9 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

I don't understand crab king's AI 100%, does he prioritize his geyser spell over his frost nova if you're moving the boat around?

Also I noticed the one frame of "If you want this easier just use wolfgang" at 5:05.

yes he prioritize your boat instead the frozen attack

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Every boss can be killed by one player and this is not an exception

You can kill crab king even rowing to evade the speels with no need of stack boats

I never doubted that, the issue is that they are made really hard for solo players. Imagine soloing bee queen without using any setup like tentacles,catapults or wolfgang/wendy, it is possible but it drains your resources really badly.

Compare reign of giants to DST dragonfly, basically 2750 to 27500 hp, one you can kill so easily and the other is 10x harder for solo player, obviously DST is made for multiplayer but with the way klei updates the game, most of us never go back to single player, there's just so much in DST that even if you want to play solo, you'll stick to DST.

Then look at fuelweaver and how hard he is to kill solo while how much easier it is to kill it with a friend. 

32 minutes ago, 00petar00 said:

I never doubted that, the issue is that they are made really hard for solo players. Imagine soloing bee queen without using any setup like tentacles,catapults or wolfgang/wendy, it is possible but it drains your resources really badly.

Compare reign of giants to DST dragonfly, basically 2750 to 27500 hp, one you can kill so easily and the other is 10x harder for solo player, obviously DST is made for multiplayer but with the way klei updates the game, most of us never go back to single player, there's just so much in DST that even if you want to play solo, you'll stick to DST.

Then look at fuelweaver and how hard he is to kill solo while how much easier it is to kill it with a friend. 

im with you with the resources problem. 
Its badly balanced, dragonfly and fuelweaver are extremly easy with someone and so hard solo and resource consuming (and FW even too short that is anticlimatic). Then we have antlion that is a good fight as solo but so short with 2 people 

Take it as a challenge and if you make a "schedule" of what resource farm next you end the day with more core items for the fights that you will need. Its like, if you, for example, wake up a day and play and you only want to build dont forget anyways to farm volt goats. Or spring comes and you want to go to pearls island first kill few moose goose, etc, etc. Atleast for me, the game goes grindy when i pass seasons forgeting to farm something

But there is ways to kill them without need of stand near 20 min afk... in my opinion is good to make auto boss farms/cheese when you want the loot but dont want to waste time/resources on kill it (i didnt reach this scenario but i can understand veterans who are tired of some fights). For beginners players i think is unhelthy, makes them lazy (our brain always want the quick way to get prizes) and this makes them to dont effort and drop games when something "tedious" or "difficult" happend. they just copy a cheese from youtube without even try to cheese the boss by their own knowledge For that exist mods like 99 stacks, more slots, etc. to dont make any effort of remembering to wear amor, farm logs to build chest, etc. Fast food in videogames

Game companies know this and for that a lot of games have become onto "press that buttom to win". Atleast klei keeps the challenge and the cheese techniques for every kind of player

I explain this last thing because i know i can look like a "grumpy pr0 player" but i know this is a sandbox we are free of have fun like we want.

I even like how creative are players who create this kind of farms/cheese, show how much possibilities has this game and how you can beat the world with knowledge. For some awesome fights like toadstool is sad to see all the effort has put klei on the desing of the fight to see 20 freeze boss meanwhile the player press F xD

On 5/6/2020 at 4:02 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

im with you with the resources problem. 
Its badly balanced, dragonfly and fuelweaver are extremly easy with someone and so hard solo and resource consuming (and FW even too short that is anticlimatic). Then we have antlion that is a good fight as solo but so short with 2 people 

Take it as a challenge and if you make a "schedule" of what resource farm next you end the day with more core items for the fights that you will need. Its like, if you, for example, wake up a day and play and you only want to build dont forget anyways to farm volt goats. Or spring comes and you want to go to pearls island first kill few moose goose, etc, etc. Atleast for me, the game goes grindy when i pass seasons forgeting to farm something

But there is ways to kill them without need of stand near 20 min afk... in my opinion is good to make auto boss farms/cheese when you want the loot but dont want to waste time/resources on kill it (i didnt reach this scenario but i can understand veterans who are tired of some fights). For beginners players i think is unhelthy, makes them lazy (our brain always want the quick way to get prizes) and this makes them to dont effort and drop games when something "tedious" or "difficult" happend. they just copy a cheese from youtube without even try to cheese the boss by their own knowledge For that exist mods like 99 stacks, more slots, etc. to dont make any effort of remembering to wear amor, farm logs to build chest, etc. Fast food in videogames

Game companies know this and for that a lot of games have become onto "press that buttom to win". Atleast klei keeps the challenge and the cheese techniques for every kind of player

I explain this last thing because i know i can look like a "grumpy pr0 player" but i know this is a sandbox we are free of have fun like we want.

I even like how creative are players who create this kind of farms/cheese, show how much possibilities has this game and how you can beat the world with knowledge. For some awesome fights like toadstool is sad to see all the effort has put klei on the desing of the fight to see 20 freeze boss meanwhile the player press F xD

I personally don't think that making a schedule would work for me, i don't like being restricted and i've never used one irl either.

What i am saying is that by the slots you choose before you start the game, hp of the bosses could be adjusted so to make it fair for any number of players within a limit.

The thing i do in DST is cheese my way though the bosses. For example i may kill them once if i am starting a long term world or i'd join public klei servers and rush some bosses but on my long term worlds i use cataputs for bee queen/dragonfly and houndius shootius for fuelweaver, on my main world i have 3 houndius down there just to cut the time i need to sit and wait for him to die.

I am kinda conflicted, i feel like i'd pve more if these bosses didn't have so much hp and weren't draining so many resources if you want to fight them alone.

Currently it is all about setting up catapults or tentacles as soon as possible, killing them once in a while so i don't get rusty on my fighting skills. Fighting them is really fun, gathering resources for it, isn't so much.

I juste bees beat him. I gave him 40 bees and it took a day.

I was ready to try it solo, I did. But with full blue gems, it's really hard. I wanted to freeze him with the ice staff to avoid the bubble attack, but I didn't realise how much he's resistant to this effect. He needs like 8 hits to be freeze. 

I thought I could stay on 1 boat. But when the freeze attack is comin, you can't escape it and it last SO long. Then you wait and watch your boat sinking. 

I have 1 friend I can trust for playin DST (some other few people I know who tried DS said "I don't understand this game, I just keep dying", hum...) but this friend sometimes avoid me... sometimes not... Strange and weird friend. I was ready to give a mission. I crafted 25 ice staff just for his mission: "take this and spam it !". 

I'm so pissed. He told me he was preparing the toadstool fight in his game. I was happy to help him. Then he sent me a message, "how you multiply toad skins ?". Damn, he didn't call me for the fight, and now the fool is stuck because he didn't know he had to fight The Misery for the nap thing. I could told him...

So only left me, 25 ice staff I won't use, and 40 bees. Done.

Did someone beat him solo in full blue gems ?

Archived