How often Lunar Island spawns merged with the main land?

I've seen 2 worlds with the lunar island connected to the main land and that was right after the update when sea was added. After that there's been at least 50 worlds where it's an actual island. I was suspecting it's a bug that got fixed and no longer happen at all, but don't know really if that's true. If I see correctly even in these 2 screenshots the islands are just reeeaaallly close to the mainland but not merged, right? I'd really love to know whether the merging is still possible.

One time I had a world that directly connected to the Lunar Island (you could walk to it, it was that convenient) and I never went there because (since it was a relatively new thing to the game) I thought it was a useless biome and I ended up deleting the server later on....boy was I wrong.

6 hours ago, Mrklli said:

If I see correctly even in these 2 screenshots the islands are just reeeaaallly close to the mainland but not merged, right? I'd really love to know whether the merging is still possible.

The main lunar island wasn't merged, but one of the small island were.

On every screen I saw, the lunar biome is in several pieces, main island and few little ones. Is it the "normal" case ? In my game, I have only one big island and no little pieces around it. As I have a long game I want to keep, didn't try other worlds.

25 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

On every screen I saw, the lunar biome is in several pieces, main island and few little ones. Is it the "normal" case ? In my game, I have only one big island and no little pieces around it. As I have a long game I want to keep, didn't try other worlds.

If your world was retrofitted - you get a moderately big hand-crafted island, thus no small pieces around it.

Archived