What should I add to my base?

Since you have a Wendy friend, i'm going to add my suggestion from personal experience

I like building the sisturn in the center of a large field of flowers, both for decoration purposes and as a butterfly wing farm thanks to Abigail, or alternatively as the location for my Bee Boxes (can't have both unless you don't mind killing all the bees too). I place Abigail's flowers (of different skins, if avaiable!) on the path leading to the sisturn in the center and they blossom and wilt as I walk by them (though this wouldn't happen to you because you're playing as Charlie), it's really pretty when done properly, though the positioning of the flowers on the pathway (generally placed bordering a road path leading to the sisturn) can be kind of tricky to place down without an item drop mod, or at least it was for me.

I unfortunely lost the original image i had of it alongside my old computer, but if i ever get around to rebuilding it i'll post an example here!

On 4/17/2020 at 9:45 AM, Charlie Dark said:

ugh! I mean what decorations!

wait this boss has a figure sketch..? I'm too scared to go to the ocean or the island, because we get hound waves very often. And it's on default!

you dont get hound waves in the ocenan anymore so go ahead, is really fun when you learn how to dodge rocks xD

16 hours ago, Mattyington said:

Since you have a Wendy friend, i'm going to add my suggestion from personal experience

I like building the sisturn in the center of a large field of flowers, both for decoration purposes and as a butterfly wing farm thanks to Abigail, or alternatively as the location for my Bee Boxes (can't have both unless you don't mind killing all the bees too). I place Abigail's flowers (of different skins, if avaiable!) on the path leading to the sisturn in the center and they blossom and wilt as I walk by them (though this wouldn't happen to you because you're playing as Charlie), it's really pretty when done properly, though the positioning of the flowers on the pathway (generally placed bordering a road path leading to the sisturn) can be kind of tricky to place down without an item drop mod, or at least it was for me.

I unfortunely lost the original image i had of it alongside my old computer, but if i ever get around to rebuilding it i'll post an example here!

I can imagine what you said, I guess I'll get my Wendy friend to craft some abigail flowers at some point to put on the ground. But what you saw there every single structure was placed by me.. (except the sisturns of course).. I don't really trust my friend with placing structures, I just want everything to be perfect

On 4/16/2020 at 5:41 AM, Terra M Welch said:

I also play wigfrid or willow, and the celestial portal exists. I usually switch to either of those two when farming krampus.

I need to get better at fighting klaus, klaus is one of the raid bosses I've not fought as much so I don't really have the kiting down 100%.
It's not an issue, it's just I get so caught up with other things that I end up not fighting some raid bosses on time. :s

Klaus is one of the easier raid bosses - I'd put it on par with DFly without the need to build a wall.  I use a ham bat and about 10 perogies + 4 football helmets to fight him.  In a bad fight I nearly run out, in a good fight I have plenty left over.

I used to set up a cheese farm for Klaus like I would for Toadstool and Bee Queen, but after doing a few honest runs I think its more work to set up the farm than to just fight him XD  (Bee Queen can still die in a fire tho)

58 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

Klaus is one of the easier raid bosses - I'd put it on par with DFly without the need to build a wall.  I use a ham bat and about 10 perogies + 4 football helmets to fight him.  In a bad fight I nearly run out, in a good fight I have plenty left over.

I used to set up a cheese farm for Klaus like I would for Toadstool and Bee Queen, but after doing a few honest runs I think its more work to set up the farm than to just fight him XD  (Bee Queen can still die in a fire tho)

I'm familiar with the kiting strategy for Klaus, it's more the lunge I have trouble with, I have done some practice with the fight, even if it's a bit sloppy for me.

25 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

I'm familiar with the kiting strategy for Klaus, it's more the lunge I have trouble with, I have done some practice with the fight, even if it's a bit sloppy for me.

I don't wanna go off topic here - but you can do the lunge part easily by just staying far enough away that the lunge can't hit you.  The fight will take a bit longer because you only go near when his next attack won't be a lunge, but its still a quick fight.  If you're on PC I'd recommend using consoles and practicing a few times.

1 hour ago, Terra M Welch said:

with magiluminescence and the walking its almost impossible to be hit by the lunge if you start run when he screams (he jumps to the position you are during the scream)

On 5/3/2020 at 11:42 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you dont get hound waves in the ocenan anymore so go ahead, is really fun when you learn how to dodge rocks xD

Wait, you don't get hound waves in the ocean? When did they changed that? :D

13 minutes ago, Frontente said:

Wait, you don't get hound waves in the ocean? When did they changed that? :D

idk but its been that way for a while.  Hounds may swim, but this is more that they'll chase you onto a boat so you can't escape.  If you're already on the water you just never get them.  In my current world between diving in the caves and boating, I've had only 3 hound waves in about 100 days XD

On 5/4/2020 at 10:54 AM, Charlie Dark said:

I can imagine what you said, I guess I'll get my Wendy friend to craft some abigail flowers at some point to put on the ground. But what you saw there every single structure was placed by me.. (except the sisturns of course).. I don't really trust my friend with placing structures, I just want everything to be perfect

That's fair! do consider using a portal to change to Wendy later on if you feel like trying out the idea! I assure you it's worth the effort -3-

9 hours ago, Mattyington said:

That's fair! do consider using a portal to change to Wendy later on if you feel like trying out the idea! I assure you it's worth the effort -3-

We agreed to never use that.. we want to stay like who we are.. plus I don't like any else character :(

Archived