A little idea for a new Ice Box Skin ~

Hi everyone ! I don't post alot, but I'm trying to participate more to the community ! And today, I wanted to share this little idea that a friend and me was thinking today. We love the saltbox shaker skin, it's one of my favorite skin, and we imagined, a pepper shaker fridge skin, for the Ice box, so, it's very simplistic and similar looking to the saltbox shaker, but with... a look of pepper shaker eh, I hope that Klei will make a skin similar to this for the next april fools day (or for whatever event), a Peppershaker will go so well with the saltbox shaker, we could have some amazing kitshy kitchens in our base ! 

haha^^er.png

57 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Does that mean we'd have a ketchup themed think tank next?:wilson_sneaky:

Sounds weird, and it's not really kitschy kitchen thing... maybe we could have those glass bells for preserving lunch for a birdcage skin ? 

ererer.png

Oh hi @Le Rafistoleur, glad to see you here. This skin will do nicely for the next year drop for the Fool's Collection imo !

Same for me, the Salt Box Shaker is one of my favourite skin so far cause it's one of those replica of classic items we all have at home, they're very cute and make bases more cozy in the game. So yeah, I'm looking forward for this to be added so we can have a well equipped kitchen. :wilson_laugh:

But I was thinking, it's obvious that the Salt Box Shaker and your Pepper Shaker Ice Box are very alike but they can't operate the same way.

I'm gonna try to not be technical but Belongings of the game have to use the same animations than the original element, they just have a different build including the same objects, you have in this spoiler the build of an Ice Box :

Spoiler

icebox.png.64fc4faa30c01585b867c6aa487cbf24.png

So with that in mind, you should know that the Pepper Shaker Ice Box will not be opening from the top like the Salt Box but with a door.

I just wanted to clarify this so we can imagine how the Pepper Shaker have to look on the build side.

And there's only one way to do it to me : let's just rotate it a bit so we have the shaker's crank in from of us and use it as the door handle to open it, I mean yeah... this is confusing to open a shaker like this but I guess that's even better... ^^

I hope that this helped you to figure how to make skins on a proper way and that you'll share more ideas soon in here !

Archived