Good Rust Deoxidizer Designs

What should I use for optimal rust to oxygen designs? How should I deal with chlorine? I'm playing on the badlands map and am contemplating anywhere from 9-12 bristle blossoms. What design should I follow if I'm just getting insulation?

It should be a very simple one. Just have some airflow tiles under the deoxidizers and plant some Dasha saltvines near these tiles and they will consume the Chlorine and turn it into salt. According to Wiki, you need 5 vines for each deoxidizers  but I often use on 2-3 vines without any problem

When I last looked at such designs, i discovered that the best designs have mesh tiles under the left side of the Deoxydizer.
Because the chlorine is created as small droplets when the machine is operating, and you would like the drops to enter a room below.

Good luck with your designs!

2019-06-29_182609.jpg

Like this if you want to never get over pressure.

On 3/30/2020 at 10:50 AM, Xenologist said:

What should I use for optimal rust to oxygen designs?

100% uptime and perfect, free filtering.

4.thumb.gif.66f4c45cc4c72130db56aca8d5f8247a.gif

Any involatile liquid combination will work. Just need airflow tiles and deoxidizer for tech. Pump outputs where you like. Or don't. They will never overpressurize.

On 3/31/2020 at 2:42 AM, Emeal said:

the chlorine is created as small droplets

I'm not sure but I think that was patched a bit before launch, it used to spawn in as liquid chlorine and fall downwards, but I think it just spawns as gas now.

4 hours ago, Squeegee said:

I'm not sure but I think that was patched a bit before launch, it used to spawn in as liquid chlorine and fall downwards, but I think it just spawns as gas now.

My mistake, its temperature dependant. 

On 3/31/2020 at 11:25 PM, nakomaru said:

Like this if you want to never get over pressure.

100% uptime and perfect, free filtering.

4.thumb.gif.66f4c45cc4c72130db56aca8d5f8247a.gif

Any involatile liquid combination will work. Just need airflow tiles and deoxidizer for tech. Pump outputs where you like. Or don't. They will never overpressurize.

image.thumb.png.85ab3f3b6436839996cf1903395c285e.pngoops, didn't knew u have to manually put cholrine and oxygen there

11 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

20200308162700_1.thumb.jpg.07074ea5fd5d38619493946b090eec00.jpg

Could also just melt it all :)

Brine, saltwater and ethanol to "submerge" the steam turbines, that is as unnecessary as it is perverse. Brilliant!
What is the bright liquid inside the rocket silo??

23 hours ago, suxkar said:

Brine, saltwater and ethanol to "submerge" the steam turbines, that is as unnecessary as it is perverse. Brilliant!
What is the bright liquid inside the rocket silo??

Magma :)

It''s used to melt rust, so magma is bound to build up there.

10 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

Magma :)

It''s used to melt rust, so magma is bound to build up there.

Oh LOL. I have a colour filter for late hours that lowers blue to favour sleep. Ahahah yesterday night it look bright purple! I can now see that it is the normal magma red!

On 5/11/2020 at 1:33 AM, suxkar said:

Brine, saltwater and ethanol to "submerge" the steam turbines, that is as unnecessary as it is perverse.

Yeah I'm usually lazy and just drop about 100kg of crude oil leaving the rest in open space. I'm not sure it's ethanol tho, it may be brine/salt water/water.

1 hour ago, TheMule said:

Yeah I'm usually lazy and just drop about 100kg of crude oil leaving the rest in open space. I'm not sure it's ethanol tho, it may be brine/salt water/water.

Yea sorry, as I mentioned my colours were messed up

Archived