Question about crops

When a crop is wilted and stops growing, is it supposed to keep sucking up resources? I've noticed when I turn out the lights in my Bristle Berry farm, the plots stop absorbing water, but when I run out of polluted water for my Pincha Peppers, they keep eating up Phosphorite after they wilt.

2 hours ago, Kiros said:

When a crop is wilted and stops growing, is it supposed to keep sucking up resources? I've noticed when I turn out the lights in my Bristle Berry farm, the plots stop absorbing water, but when I run out of polluted water for my Pincha Peppers, they keep eating up Phosphorite after they wilt.

Good question. Nosh-beans, for example, consume dirt even when the temperature is all wrong and they never saw any ethanol.

Maybe solid stuff gets consumed even in an "inactive" plant and liquid does not?

On 3/24/2020 at 7:32 AM, Soulwind said:

Fertilizer type materials (dirt, phosphate, bleach stone, etc) continues to be used up when the crop is wilted for atmosphere or temperature.  Liquids don't.

Oh weird... I never realized that they stop consuming liquids.  That seems... wrong.  Either they should continue to consume everything, or nothing.

Actually since they aren't growing (and too much of the wrong temperature will actually kill the plant and put it back to being a seed) they really shouldn't consume anything.  Or consume both.  But the 1/2 way state is just odd...

Archived