Pile o' Balloons crafting tab

Reading the forums i notice that people complain about wes being useless and that should have a rework but other people just want to keep him as always.

Klei eventually will rework him, that has not discuss since they are being smart and giving every character reworked a fun and less annoying penaltys (they remove perks like willow burning stuff when sanity low, control over woodies curse, obedient abigail, etc) also this is being applied in the new characters. More people will start playing if the characters has many skills and are fun to play so that is ok for me (but if the characters become more powerful the world should become dangerous but this is another topic).

So what i think about wes its just making him more fun to play, not just being a weak wilson with balloons to bait mobs.

what if he could craft unique tools with downside when he has pile o'balloons in his inventory or in the floor like codex umbra?

Some examples:

- His balloons like they are today but the most you hold the crafting buttom more big will be (and more damage will do but not so much) and more sanity will drain you. 

- Balloon sword : -10 saniry when crafted, 70 uses, 40 damage more or less, deals 5 damage to you when he pops at 0% or when pass 3 days

Spoiler

latest.png

- helium ballom: -10 sanity to craft , when used gives you a little boost of speed for 1 seconds and hits you (all explosions should explote in aoe like the ballons we already have) when explotes at the end of the effect, good for kitting and also can be used to cross lands so near but separate by water

- balloon helmet: -10 sanity to craft ,protects you 60% of damage just 1 hit, when you recieve the hit it explotes dealing 5 aoe damage. Ideal for easy kiteable bosses

- fruit balloon: -10 sanity when crafted, just to bait pigs, turkeys, etc. when the mob eats it explotes in aoe dealing 5 

- animal balloom:  -10 sanity, its a 2 days durability bernie that explotes like everything

Other players can use these items too

11 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

helium balloon

If such a perk could be used by other character, i want there audio file to get high pitch. Just like when you inhale real helium. High pitch wilson or high pitch wigfrid will be the end of all headphone user

10 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

If such a perk could be used by other character, i want there audio file to get high pitch. Just like when you inhale real helium. High pitch wilson or high pitch wigfrid will be the end of all headphone user

yeah,its the idea i forget to write it xD

47 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

If he can share the helium balloons there is no need.

This sword looks more like a funny skill, I find it hard to believe that anyone can do any damage with it.

I made a suggestion that it had only one use and could scare any creature when it burst. (Also causing damage to Wes).

Wes can do more than that.

Wes could paint his own face around the world, pushing away pigs, merms, rabbits, whatever, demarcating his territory.
(If he is being chased, he can enter a safe area and then the rabbits who call him a killer will give up chasing him).

Wes's balloons could feel bad things about to happen making that bladder noise being rubbed.

Wes can keep Health, Hunger and Healing inside the balloons, distinguishing them by color.
(Just pop the balloon you want to recover what you need).

Wes can aim to make everyone happy like the Dropsy clown, decorating the world wherever he goes, tying balloons on the pig king's obelisks, etc.

Wes can appease great bosses by making them happy in some way. (Wes becomes unable to kill them after that).

Wes can attract Catcoons and pigs when holding balloons.
Wes can put on makeup to go undetected among hostile creatures or to get attention (he can also put makeup on players and mobs).

Wes is optimistic and recovers half the damage taken when he forgives an enemy. Throwing meat for a dog to eat or planting a flower around a tentacle. (As long as he attacked you).

Wes must be able to put the balloons in his inventory (In it the balloons wither) Outside the balloons last forever.

Wes sleeps better with his balloons.

Wes can give his balloons to other players.

Wes doesn't judge anyone by appearance, but the more insane he gets, the faster he loses his sanity.

Wes can put fireflies in a balloon and fill them with air constantly so they don't die.

Wes can do so many things and we don't even talk about pantomime.

1 hour ago, Wesbie said:

i made this thread to know if you like it and add more ideas to it so klei could see what players would like

also i really like the idea of running with a balloon baiting enemies xD 

the sword is made for insanity so its "free" could be useful in some moments 

I've never been a fan of craftable tabs or more character specific items to fix a character and i don't think this changes my mind.
Wes serves no purpose than to make him a more difficult character to survive for more challenge. This character rework has no actual reference to this but serves as a fun little addition (which doesn't balance that well) or to give him a combat prowess which i believe doesn't make him any more fun to play as that what it comes down to in the end

to compromise this in a survival *multiplayer* game is beyond me so well done for your suggestion 

P.S sorry if i was harsh ment no harm i'm a bit annoyed

He builds Balloons that are shaped like creatures...

not to sound like a broken record here, but why CANT Wes be more useful?

Why CANT a Spider Shaped Ballon Lure Spiders to it thinking its another Spider?

Why CANT his Red Balloon anger Beefalo..

He’s a Mime with a Pile Of Balloons...

Lets make him Fun to Play as.

so we give wes the meme skills and call it rework. sounds fun to me. a balloon tab craft of everything, but it's actually useless .
he pulls statues with a invisible rope and actually moves them. wes doesn't need oars. you can throw balloons for 0 dmg.
and decorates already placed structures with balloons <- i like this one , you can even create a wes biome full of balloons. 

Archived