Critters babyhood lenght

Hi,
does anybody have information about lenght of critters babyhood? In all sources (oniWiki, oniDB, Google) are only times of egg hatchling and total critters life lenght. I want to try build full automatic Critters to meat production, but i need this information (i want to kill only adult critters).

Thanks,
Tom

meat drops are different between babies and adults, i believe. shove voles only give a large amount of meat, not like their adult versions who drop enough to keep a feed a colony of 10 on its raw drops alone. only first 5 cycles are baby, rest of time if fully grown boys and girls.

On 3/8/2020 at 3:47 PM, Male_zvire said:

Hi,
does anybody have information about lenght of critters babyhood? In all sources (oniWiki, oniDB, Google) are only times of egg hatchling and total critters life lenght. I want to try build full automatic Critters to meat production, but i need this information (i want to kill only adult critters).

Thanks,
Tom

Depending on the critter type, there may be some clever ways to separate adults. For example adult hatches can jump 2 tiles high, hatching can't. Anyway there's not technical reason not to kill baby critters, they yield the same amount of meat.

Separation may be useful if you don't want to place hatchlings in stables, where they'll be groomed for nothing since their reproduction rate is 0, wasting dup time. I've never bothered much, with high level ranchers it may happen only once or twice, per critter lifetime.

On 3/8/2020 at 4:40 PM, Wumpus the 19th said:

meat drops are different between babies and adults, i believe.

Nope.

Though there is one critter that, at least few versions ago, had different drops: pokeshells. Babies didn't drop their adult molts, only the 5kg ones.

1 minute ago, Coolthulhu said:

Nope.

Though there is one critter that, at least few versions ago, had different drops: pokeshells. Babies didn't drop their adult molts, only the 5kg ones.

really? i swear i had a colony where a baby shovevole only gave me 3200kcal instead of the full 16000. damn

Just now, Coolthulhu said:

Nope.

Well that's different. Spawns drop their molts when they become adults, w/o dying. So you never want to kill a spawn anyway.

45 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

really? i swear i had a colony where a baby shovevole only gave me 3200kcal instead of the full 16000. damn

There was a bug with badly stacking death drops many versions ago, most commonly triggered by drowning many hatches at once. Could have been that bug.

Just now, Coolthulhu said:

There was a bug with badly stacking death drops many versions ago, most commonly triggered by drowning many hatches at once. Could have been that bug.

this argument will probably just go nowhere, but i haven't really learned the technique of mass hatch murder. 

i have a baby shove vole in my colony right now, i'll check to see if i was just crazy

Archived