[Experimental Update] - 398603

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

Here are a couple of fixes that address issues that we've been seeing in the reports. Happy grifting this weekend!

• Update the checks everywhere we upgarde/add xp to cards to make sure they aren't hatch cards (fixes a bunch of weirdness)
  • Fixed description of Stoic
  • Added death loot for Oolo and Nadan
  • Added Boons for Oolo and Nadan
  • Added a bane for Nadan (Oolo still missing one)
  • Clarify desc on Double Duty.
  • Prevent the end-turn button and concede buttons from overlapping
  • All cards that reference healing now use the heal keyword for consistency
  • Negotiation cards that make arguments now differentiate between Creating and Gaining an argument. Creating makes a new instance and Gaining adds to stacks.
  • Suppressed the Spark Baron when negotiation with the worker in baron_food_fight.lua
  • psimulacrum is awesome with the more powerful arguments (tactical mind, cool head, airtight, etc.) so it should be at least uncommon, maybe even rare?
  • Psimulacrum works with Tactical Mind.
  • Fix possible crash with Inoculated in battle.

View full update

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How does creating an argument with multiple stack worded? For example, Rook's right upgrade of the heated card, which previously says "gain 2 heated", will create a heated argument with 2 stacks, whereas Sal's Heated creates 3 separate heated argument. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RageLeague said:

How does creating an argument with multiple stack worded?

For Sal's Agitation, it's "Add 3 Heated arguments". So it creates 3 separate arguments.

For Rook's Seethe & Sal's Invective, it's "Gain 2 Heated". So it just had stacks on 1 argument.

But if you play Seethe multiple times it will create multiple Heated(like the screenshot), can be a little confusing.unknown.png

Edited by SpicyNiceCream
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I feel that any card that creates new/multiple arguments should follow the description of Agitation, so Seethe becomes "Create 1 Heated argument," Boosted Seethe becomes "Create 1 Heated argument with 2 stacks," Double-Barreled Bounty hunter becomes "Incept 2 Wanted! arguments," etc.

Honestly I think having a new UI element when handling creation of stacks/separate arguments is necessary.

Edited by ArtixBot
  • Like 1

I played my first Rook run in a couple of weeks.

I encountered a robot with the weak point debuff (double the next to hits you take) three times in five fights and found it very frustrating. Especially in later days and with multiple enemies it seems incredibly punishing. Taking 40, 50 and 74! damage in a single turn respectively. The robots do act slow but they have a lot of health and I found it impossible to kill them before they apply the debuff and attack with their team mates. Debuff removal is pretty rare and unreliable as well.

The first two times I won the fight but had to eat 3 times each to get back my health. In the third instance I just got killed because they did notably more damage on turn 3 than I had health in total.

Edited by Therlun