[Game Update] - 397494

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

Here's the build candidate for the update. And by build candidate, I mean the build that will totally get a tonne of fixes tomorrow before it actually goes out live :)

• All of the placeholder text has been replaced!
  • Added new Boons, Banes and Death Loot for Grimdellia
  • Added missing anim states to new burr
  • Add alt_desc to Heated so that when not in a card game, its tooltip still describes how it inflicts damage.
  • fix shop prices in robot_seller.lua
  • Reworked Lumin Generator and renamed it to Lumin Bio-Accelerator
  • the War Story card now randomly picks from its effect if Sal plays it
  • Sparky's Oppressor Cell now uses the power_loss condtion for the handling of temporary power.
  • ease up on fight parties on drop_bandit_babysitter.lua
  • fixed missing combat cup
  • bugfix for Focused Assault
  • the Foreman now creates arguments more often in order to synergize better with the task cards they give

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

(coke sipping stops)

Thank the lord this update is almost finished. can't wait for all the lore and jokes....

please tell me you've kept Boop? Beep!

Blorp. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

the Foreman now creates arguments more often in order to synergize better with the task cards they give

Thank you so much. Its always bugged me that I couldnt clear the trash cards they give us if I didnt piss off a Heavy Laborer or argued near people who disliked me.

Also, there's a crash bug in the past few builds that Ive experienced a couple of times. The only common elements were I lost a negotiation as Sal and had cards to upgrade, though I dont know if that's relevant to the bug.

• Like 1

The death loot from the Bogger Clobbers trivialises the fight with Arint. Haven’t tried with Flekfis yet. Any reason why that fight is isolated? I’d assume the boggers would know who killed them, since the High Priest escapes. It might make the decision to kill them a bit less automatic.

Of course, maybe Rook’s final boss is as terrifying as Kashio, and then you’ll want to spare their deathloot for that.

Only sort of related, but Twig and Prune (and a few other effects) really hate concentration. It’s getting to the point where I’m thinking it’s not really worth it to invest in it (Twig tanks your concentration for the first third of the run, Prune kills it for what might be Rook’s hardest fight). Any chance it can be changed so you only lose concentration on unblocked attacks?

Edited by pacovf
  • Like 1

• Developer

He all, just pushed the following (last?!) addendum to the build:

• Remove placeholder questions
  • Fix (lots of) typos
  • Remind player of negotiated kickbacks in trade_secrets
  • Concentration now only halves when taking damage from enemies
  • Swamp Smasher no longer applies stun

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1