[Experimental Update] - 396850

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

This build has more fixed, and one new event (Shel meets rook!). 

• Added event_shel_vs_nature.lua
  • added new faction image for the bogger faction
  • grimdellia is a bogger, not a bilebroker
  • better integrate boggers into the faction hierarchy
  • give the boggers titles
  • fsshcakes counts as a shop for bargaining
  • kalandra shouldn't offer to lend you workers on day 2 (she offers to let you buy cobbledogs instead)
  • Fixed description of Memorization Implant
  • Fixed bug with Inoculated
  • Explicitly kill some rendertargets that were accumulating and causing the game to crash if you play too long
  • Rook's defend from his charge now gets applied before Muscle Bank is triggered
  • Spark Baron Goon's Billy Club attack is now marked as a debuff
  • Fixed typo in trickery_plus2
  • Executing the day 3 boss for Rook now rewards their death loot even if done in conversation
  • fixed bug where the "cards ready to upgrade" tooltip wasn't refreshing correctly
  • fix dialog inconsistency in rise_trade_secrets.lua
  • make the paydirt fight in side_asset_recovery a bit easier (rank down the mercenary backup party)
  • make the parasite upgrades use rarity rather than "parasite_tier", and only let you go up one step at a time
  • fix some progression edge cases in baron_the_best_defense

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

kalandra shouldn't offer to lend you workers on day 2 (she offers to let you buy cobbledogs instead)

Shame, I was hoping we'd have some sort of meat market equivalent.

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

Explicitly kill some rendertargets that were accumulating and causing the game to crash if you play too long

So thats what that was. Was always weird crashing at unusual locations

Bog burr loot stashes giving both an item and 200 shills on day 1 seems like too much. The money should probably scale with the day, like quest rewards.

Bogger clobbers “shield bash” ability is likely balanced, but has a high chance to sucker punch the player and kill them, especially with Rook’s low HP. Would be nice if the UI was more in-your-face about the imminent bashing-of-your-face. Especially if the counter doesn’t reset between turns.

I imagine this will be fixed, but the placeholder text for the Bogger Mission does not specify that you can go get backup. I missed it my first time and went into the fight with only a flead as help.

(speaking of fleads, it’s kinda odd that you can get flead eggs from burr loot. They’re not supposed to be endemic to the bog)

The “have you been to the deep bog” random event doesn’t play nice with extra sources of Bog Secrets. Grimdella seems to check for unupgraded Secret cards in your deck, and take away the one with the highest xp, even if you’ve already upgraded one of your cards. The event should probably only happen if you don’t have an upgraded Bog Secret card yet, and count as a success if you do by the time she checks up on you again, whether or not it’s the same card.

The Last Stand bar had many  Boggers in my last run, not sure if it’s intentional. On that note, it’s good to have extra variety of people there (it used to be 95% Rise members), but would be nice to have a more even spread between factions. The occasional Baron or civilian would be cool.

”Inoculated” might be a bit too strong, at least if it’s supposed to be easy to get (ie, if cultivators can show up in the bar)

I think I’m somewhat confused about the purpose of parasites. The intended goal was to slow down Rook. But they do so mostly at the beginning of the run, when Rook is already naturally slow (his starting decks are kinda bad). Once the parasites upgrade in the latter half of the run, they become neutral/beneficial, and don’t really slow him down anymore. That’s when I would expect you to want to slow the player down, but it’s not the case right now.

—————

...anybody killed the High Priest yet?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, simonex93 said:

they said parasites would have been high risk high rewards cards once upgraded

Problem is, they aren't. Most of them are too action-expensive or have too strong a drawback for their benefits. A few could potentially be exploited with the right deck, but then they just transform into another parasite and you just built a specific deck for nothing. I find myself just ignoring the gold-level parasites, treating them like a dead card I can't get rid of. 

Discussing the parasites could probably use its own thread, there's a fair amount that could be said about them.

23 minutes ago, simonex93 said:

high priest just scared the f out of you and run?

Yup. You still have a turn to try and kill him, I was wondering if anybody managed to do that already.

37 minutes ago, pacovf said:

Yup. You still have a turn to try and kill him, I was wondering if anybody managed to do that already.

This never happened to me. The high priest just says the artifacts have been moved, and then I end up fighting two bogger shielders and one bogger swordwielder.

• Like 1

I played two runs, one where I gave the info to Kalandra and one where I gave the info to Fellemo. In both cases, I then betrayed the info to the other side and got the same Bogger scenario.

Strangely enough, something is messed up in the questline system, since I'm pretty sure I fought Arint in both runs.

Edited by ArtixBot
  • Like 1