Can I flood copper geyser to prevent erupption?

On 17.02.2020 at 12:27 AM, psusi said:

Or you could just not dig up the one tile that keeps it plugged until you are ready for it to erupt.

I am ready to gather for example 5000kg of copper but there is a lot, A LOT more and I believe there will be too much heat to remove. So after 10 cycles I flooded my volcano to prevent it from further eruption.

I reached the point where my volcano is not flooded, not over-pressurized, the status says the volcano is erupting copper but no new copper appears. Is this a known bug? I wouldn't like to report known issue again.NoCopper.thumb.png.44febeff1ed68a1af6c5b8874dbb4bdf.png

I waited like 7 cycles and restarted the game but it didn't help.

Best regards,

Sheaker

My tip: make a room with oil below the vulcan and encase both together in two layers of isulation. the oil will turn slowly into petroleum that you can directly use in a gen to get rid off. That way you don't have to close it off, get free petroleum and you don't fry your colony. 

One full tile of oil can cool quite a lot of iron down to around 200+ C.

6 hours ago, FenrirZeroZero said:

My tip: make a room with oil below the vulcan and encase both together in two layers of isulation. the oil will turn slowly into petroleum that you can directly use in a gen to get rid off. That way you don't have to close it off, get free petroleum and you don't fry your colony. 

One full tile of oil can cool quite a lot of iron down to around 200+ C.

If you let the molten metal fall into oil it will eventually cook into petrol at 400 C, but to pump petrol that hot you need thermium.

13 hours ago, psusi said:

If you let the molten metal fall into oil it will eventually cook into petrol at 400 C, but to pump petrol that hot you need thermium.

I use a second chamoer below it with automatik doors where my dupes can enter with atmosuits. in the beginning i add ice tempshiftplates until its cool enough to pump. (later i use a third chamber with an steamturbine that converts the remaining heat into power) I will post a build in the comming days with automation layer and so on.

On 21.02.2020 at 9:18 AM, FenrirZeroZero said:

I use a second chamoer below it with automatik doors where my dupes can enter with atmosuits. in the beginning i add ice tempshiftplates until its cool enough to pump. (later i use a third chamber with an steamturbine that converts the remaining heat into power) I will post a build in the comming days with automation layer and so on.

Your solution seems to be too complex but I am still interested in. I am using just cool slush water to cool the copper and when cool water reaches 110 deg I am sending it to outer space where it evaporates on regolith.

On 1.3.2020 at 8:15 PM, sheaker said:

Your solution seems to be too complex but I am still interested in. I am using just cool slush water to cool the copper and when cool water reaches 110 deg I am sending it to outer space where it evaporates on regolith.

Uh yeah the last update broke my savegame (and oni thanks to modding) 

The "end" system of this was not meant to be effecient or simple. it just makes it possible to postpone the dealing with the vulcano without losing out on the metal. 

Basically: Find Metal Vulcano -> Build Isulation -> Build big oil Pond -> Enclose ->  Optional: Make vacuum  -> Deal with it later. 

Later:

Build Room Below the pond -> Drop petroleum and metal via deconstruct -> reseal vulcano room and refill pond -> Deploy as many (prefered: poluted) ice temp shift down and stick a steam engine for good messure 

Its basically a "deal with it later solution"

You can also switch the oil with polluted water from the toilets but the dirt can be tricky.

Archived