Problem with food after the recent update

Hello,

I have an issue that i don't really think was in the game before some weeks. My dupes sometimes while eating food, leave a small portion behind, like 100 grams of food or less. I am playing with mods, so maybe it has something to do with that since i read some mods might not function properly after this update.

Does anybody got the same issue?

I haven't played for a long time, but dupes throwing food on the floor was a vanilla behavior. Reasons for that from my observations:
1. New day starts during eating.
2. Save/load during eating.
3. Toilet need has higher prioroty, so it can interrupt eating.

I changed schedule: no downtime when day starts, bathtime before downtime. It helped, but I still occasionally noticed food on the floor.

39 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Why? When you use 5 schedules, 2 toilets are enough?
Dropping food was always a thing for me, but no biggie.

Because i use two schedules, max 3, and i often have 20-30 dupes max. I build things like toilet loops in  advance so that i can plan other things better.

My solution for this is having hatches in the mess hall.  I just let the hatches eat up the food before they go rotten.   I used to have an a ceiling be made of prismatic doors and a sweeper arm above it and sweep the food out to save them for later but it's just not worth it.  

My mess hall also is setup like a pit so there is a bit of co2 filling it to cover the floor to keep the food from going bad too quickly. Enough time for the hatches to eat them or another dupe. 

I've seen other designs where the floor is a mech door that opens at night to drop the food into a pit. Automate with a clock.   I used to do that too.  But the hatch method works for me as I get some passive coal. 

Archived