Yakuzashi

Feedback  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find it useful?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am not sure

@Yakuzashi

I appreciate you making this template for new players, but I think there is a major problem with this template: The animation files need some serious fixing. The weapon and hat item seems to disappear when placed on the ground, and the image of swap_13 is being displayed when being viewed from the side AND a different swap image is being shown when swap_11 is being used (I.E. Mining a boulder). Can you please look into fixing this? Many people here use this template and much of the same problems are coming from this. I have included pictures of the armor that has these problems so far... Please, if you can,  get these problems fixed. The only other problem I have with this template (even though this problem is minor) is that the prefab name of the weapon. If you use "find and replace" function of Notepad+ on "weapon", then everything stating "weapon" will be replaced... including the inst:AddComponent("weapon"). Personally, I would advise changing the prefab file name "weapon" to something else. Other than those two problems, I think this template is perfect. Other than those problems, the template is great!

20210420171901_1.jpg

20210420171920_1.jpg

By the way, don't mind the hat-slot item looking weird; I just need to swap anim files for it with the Garland anim file. (I haven't done that yet)

Edited by Earthyburt

@Earthyburt Thanks for feedback and your time!
Yea. I know that I have messed it up big time, but right now I am pretty occupied with my uni stuff. After exams (about 2 months) I will refresh this old boy.

I'll try to make it more transparent in terms of tutorial on Klei forum and inside mod folders. But as I have mentioned I need some time for my personal stuff and few days afer this to wrap my head around some Spriter issues I encountered some time ago.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yakuzashi said:

@Earthyburt Thanks for feedback and your time!
Yea. I know that I have messed it up big time, but right now I am pretty occupied with my uni stuff. After exams (about 2 months) I will refresh this old boy.

I'll try to make it more transparent in terms of tutorial on Klei forum and inside mod folders. But as I have mentioned I need some time for my personal stuff and few days afer this to wrap my head around some Spriter issues I encountered some time ago.

Cheers!

All right! Sorry for bothering you

@Earthyburt Don't worry, you are not bothering me at all.  Update is in the main thread - attachment section.

It took me 3 hours and huge dose of sanity, but it's done. Well, fingers crossed.

I think that all/most of bugs are gone. I have organized all the stuff inside .lua files, coz previous version was pretty messy.

If you find any bugs, let me know. I am here to help.

Cheers!

16 hours ago, Yakuzashi said:

@Earthyburt Don't worry, you are not bothering me at all.  Update is in the main thread - attachment section.

It took me 3 hours and huge dose of sanity, but it's done. Well, fingers crossed.

I think that all/most of bugs are gone. I have organized all the stuff inside .lua files, coz previous version was pretty messy.

If you find any bugs, let me know. I am here to help.

Cheers!

@YakuzashiThank you for updating the template! I did find find one bug and one thing is not included. 1: swap_body-13 seems to be drawn under swap_body_0 (As seen in the photos). And you forgot to include swap_body-10, (plays when mining a boulder when wearing body-slot armor). Though I did note that the actual skeleton armor used for the template sprites do not have a sprite like this either, so it is understandable that the sprite wasn't included, however other armors like the wood armor will use swap_body-10, and people would probably want to have a sprite for that.

20210421164427_1.jpg

20210421165048_1.jpg

Edited by Earthyburt
Forgot an image, Spelling

@Earthyburt I am afraid that I can't do much about decompiling game anims. I just put stuff into ktools and that's the outcome. I had not found manual method to decomp existing anims yet and I dont have adequate knowledge to achieve it on my own.

Edited by Yakuzashi

6 minutes ago, Yakuzashi said:

@Earthyburt I am afraid that I can't do much about decompiling game anims. I just put stuff into ktools and that's the outcome. I had not found manual method to decomp existing anims yet and I dont have adequate knowledge to achieve it on my own.

Ah, it's okay. I can make do with what I have for now.

Hi there, I have a little problem with the template.

I made a custom suit with wings, but when equipped, it shows the ground animation behind the character.

swap_body-0.png.b88a1a3345507b3741104789ae0efebd.png        wings.png.db0ce88fd65163b7adc43e71e431f2bb.png     ground animation tex

That only happens when the character is looking at the camera.

I hope there is a way to fix it. 

For the custom crafting tab, I noticed a number after custom tab, if I were to make another mod, does that number have to be different in order to be compatible or something? 

AddRecipeTab("Custom Tab", 998,

Edited by asvinh

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n40by3uszz92ndc/AAAfyPnyxHYLKKmJxgrCcu7Ja?dl=0 (mod file link)

I tried merging my existing character mod with all the files in this template and my game clothes when I try to create a new world with the mod enabled. I'm planning to do character exclusive hand item and hat item, so only the assets to these are in the mod rn, though I only textured the head item for now. My character's also supposed to spawn with the hat item. Didn't change any item tags in the template. Sorry for giving so little info, I don't know what I'm supposed to fix, so this is kind of a dead end...