So i was playing Oxygen Not Included the other day and i noticed that i don't hit 60 fps, so i opened afterburner and checked my CPU, GPU and RAM usage and everything ran at below 100% and ram was well below maximum usage so i don't really understand why i still don't get 60 fps in game. I think it is a bottleneck but if so where?

The game is installed on a Windows RAID 0 (please don't hate me) array with 2 drives in it.

CPU: I5 9600KF

GPU: GTX 1660 Super

RAM: 16gb 3000Mhz CL15

Capture.PNG

10 hours ago, SigmaPlayzYT said:

So i was playing Oxygen Not Included the other day and i noticed that i don't hit 60 fps, so i opened afterburner and checked my CPU, GPU and RAM usage and everything ran at below 100% and ram was well below maximum usage so i don't really understand why i still don't get 60 fps in game. I think it is a bottleneck but if so where?

The game is installed on a Windows RAID 0 (please don't hate me) array with 2 drives in it.

CPU: I5 9600KF

GPU: GTX 1660 Super

RAM: 16gb 3000Mhz CL15

Capture.PNG

You need a dual core processor, to handle ONI!
sysspec.PNG.29e618127012333cb00649d1e8a429dc.PNG

On 2/7/2020 at 2:26 PM, SigmaPlayzYT said:

As has been posted in many, many threads.. ONI is a CPU-intensive game, but it isn't very multi-thready.  Your GPU will get about the same workout dragging a web browser around your screen as it will while you're playing ONI.  

Try this thread: 

Or this one: 

Or maybe even this one:  

These are all recent threads that discuss in great detail the performance issues of ONI and how to reduce their impact on your system.  There's information in there that compares individual system performance which outlines that memory bandwidth is the biggest performance factor, followed by CPU speed.  There's information theorizing about which parts of ONI itself are causing the speed bottleneck, such as Dupe/critter pathfinding or thermal computing.  These threads, and the ones they also link to, ought to answer your questions.

ONI is one hell of a RAM hog based on my experience, even to this day. Whether it's a non-debug legit game, usually large late-game colonies with at least 15 dupes, or killing over 10,000 dupes, the game will eventually eat up TONS OF DAMAGE RAM.

Screenshots: The game is using 12.8GB / 16GB of RAM. There seems to be no cap on how much RAM the game will use. It'll just keep on going up and up sky's the limit until it reaches the Temporal Tear. If your RAM is at its limit, then whatever Hard Drive you have will take the load.

And I'm not joking when I said "killing over 10,000 dupes".

5e417c56c12c5_ONIepicramuse1k.thumb.jpg.159ecf9817c80e5dd0ab3d62848120a8.jpg

457140_20190731150538_1.thumb.png.ca564c3e9e9fee65061c0aaa8bc5ac71.png

Archived