Bunker doors partially closed?

I thought that bunker doors were not supposed to block meteors until they were fully closed?  I just had something go wrong with my pulsed space scanner array and the doors started closing only just as the meteors started hitting but the partially closed doors still blocked them.

17 hours ago, psusi said:

I thought that bunker doors were not supposed to block meteors until they were fully closed?  I just had something go wrong with my pulsed space scanner array and the doors started closing only just as the meteors started hitting but the partially closed doors still blocked them.

I think partially closed doors block the covered parts as the doors close.  I actually tried to use this once by blocking meteors with vertical bunker doors.  This would allow for much faster door reaction times with partially closed doors providing full protection at the cost of a ton of steel and power, but it didn't work. 

3 hours ago, Zarquan said:

I think partially closed doors block the covered parts as the doors close.  I actually tried to use this once by blocking meteors with vertical bunker doors.  This would allow for much faster door reaction times with partially closed doors providing full protection at the cost of a ton of steel and power, but it didn't work. 

Eh?  You can't rotate bunker doors.  And it looked like the meteor hit right in the middle of the 90% open door.

21 minutes ago, psusi said:

Eh?  You can't rotate bunker doors.  And it looked like the meteor hit right in the middle of the 90% open door.

I did rotate bunker doors, so I know it's possible, or at least it was. 

I'm not sure how partially closed bunker door collision works.

32 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

I did rotate bunker doors, so I know it's possible, or at least it was. 

I'm not sure how partially closed bunker door collision works.

What?!  I swear it didn't used to be around the time of the rocketry update and I tried after release and couldn't either, but now I can.  Cool!  At any rate I'm almost positive they also recently changed the fact that the doors no longer have to be 100% closed to block meteors ( pretty sure it even says so on the wiki ).

7 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

As far as I remember their behavior: they will block as they transition open, but will not block as they transition closed.

Then again I may be basing this on the fact that regolith and debris do not pass until they are fully open.

This. If they go from closed to open, they block meteors until they're fully open and viceversa.

Right... it isn't so much about how open/closed they are but the fact that they are either open or closed, not somewhere in between, and it's just the animation that shows it in between and the state flips at the end of the animation.  At least that's how they used to work.  Now it seems the state goes to closed as soon as you order the door closed instead of waiting like it used to.

Archived