Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Emilier

Do you want the chester to receive temporary themed skins for the events? Including eye-bone?

Do you want the chester to receive temporary themed skins for the events? Including eye-bone?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Hi!I was wondering how it would increase immersion during the events.

• Yes!
    • Thanks, but I don't think it's necessary.
    • Someone has already posted something like that. I'll put the link, right below.
    • Another reason, I'm not in the mood to talk.  
    • Another reason, I'll comment below.

Sorry, I had to vote for the funny one. But without making this into a TL:DR Minecraft has Texture packs that changes the look of its biomes and mobs.. So yes I would love it if EVERY MOB got a cool Makeover.

If for nothing else.. just Hallowed Nights and Wintersfeast.

If the idea is that, when you find Chester during an event, he and the eyebone have a different appearance to match the theme that otherwise has no effect on gameplay, I think that sounds like a really fun idea! He already looks a lot like a pumpkin, so a Hallowed Nights Chester could be even more pumpkin-y, maybe with a Jack o'lantern pattern on the side. Maybe Winter's Feast Chester could be white with red candy cane stripes. Lunar New Year Chester could maybe be red like a paper lantern.

I like the concept of holiday Chester redesigns but every single item skin so far is a craftable item so I'm not sure how you would change between skins for Chester in-game.

Possibly a better comparison would be the Winter's Feast giants, which change to their holiday models all on their own (and three out of four have the same gameplay, Feastclops being an alarming exception).

Just now, CameoAppearance said:

Possibly a better comparison would be the Winter's Feast giants, which change to their holiday models all on their own (and three out of four have the same gameplay, Feastclops being an alarming exception).

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Sorry if I didn't express myself properly.

This is awesome. There could be a cheap building that costs like 1 marble to build. Something like a chester shrine, where you would place the bone, and it would wibble and wobble and apply the skin to the bone. When you take the bone back, the chester would jump and kind of poof clouds of dust around itself to hide the sprite change.