Drakeos and liquid

I thought they would refuse to go through liquid?  I set some visco gell to act as a liquid lock door to my drakeo ranch and they seem to crawl through it.  Fortunately, you can also put a pneumatic door in the visco gell to keep them in and prevent gas movement.

2 hours ago, psusi said:

I thought they would refuse to go through liquid?  I set some visco gell to act as a liquid lock door to my drakeo ranch and they seem to crawl through it.  Fortunately, you can also put a pneumatic door in the visco gell to keep them in and prevent gas movement.

They refuse to go where they could drown. I don't know the mass numbers per liquid type tho.

.1g of brine below .02g of water works just as well. It just needs to be 2 deep. →They won't go to a tile with liquid above it.

If you're setting up a shearing room, you can confine them to just the one cell in front of the shearing room like this.

4.thumb.gif.aaaac0a6a93c2acfe78a81e628c1042f.gif

(I recommend naphtha or viscogel on the bottom tile so that you can always keep the bottom layer mass above 2kg to prevent off gassing when bringing anything through.)

6 hours ago, nakomaru said:

1g of brine below .02g of water works just as well. It just needs to be 2 deep. →They won't go to a tile with liquid above it.

Ahh, that makes sense now.  They wouldn't walk straight out on the floor through the visco-gel, but after a bit I noticed they would crawl around the ceiling and exit through the top tile of visco-gel.

By the way, why is that 250g of oil not flowing sideways?

23 minutes ago, psusi said:

By the way, why is that 250g of oil not flowing sideways?

The short answer is Crude Oil will not flow until it reaches 0.4kg, at which point the next frame it will flow 0.1kg to the left and leave 0.3kg in its place. This value can be calculated by multiplying the minimum horizontal flow rate by 4.

The long answer (legendary post by archwizard @mathmanican):

Archived