NSAiswatchingus    2,321

I'd be surprised if we can move saves between consoles. That'd be nice, but I'm not hopeful. I was just planning on my PS4 Pro becoming a DST machine once I get a PS5. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

keats95    71

I think the question is more will the Playstation 5 be backwards compatible? While I'm not confident with PS3/2/1 games, I'm fairly sure we will be able to play PS4 games on PS5 so I think DST will carry over (the game at least, maybe not the saves?). In saying that though, I don't really know enough about servers and how online games will transition between console generations to know if there are any issues there. I'm hopeful though.

• Like 2

Mj-    107

I am more hopeful. That we will have at least an enhanced version of the game on the next-gen!

• A version that we will be able to build a mage base without worrying about lag or a crash.
  • A version that we will be able to set the setting to "More"!
  • A version that will handle more than 2-6 players on long ran worlds.  

Klei did this with the original game, they brought it back from PS3 to PS4, so I'm not worrying at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

NoscopeFelix    2,553
19 hours ago, Josonic said:

PS5 is supposed to be entirely backwards compatible.

For real? I thought that was a joke. Like I am all in for that . I just didn’t expect us to get sth cool like that. 

Edited by NoscopeFelix