World Edit Mode?

I've only been in these forums for a year or two, so I don't know if this suggestion has already been made. But ever since I got DST, I've constantly thought how cool it would be to have some sort of world edit mode, to where you would be able to make your own world however you want with little limitations, and be able to share your world to everyone else in the game 24/7. You can't die in this world edit mode, and you can immediately craft stuff without needing the resources to craft.

If making this sort of mode is too hard or too time-consuming to make, then I would at least like a way to share worlds to the public without having to be online myself. I think this could inspire a lot of players to start their own megabases or unique worlds if they had a good way to let the public see it. What do you guys think?

I'd really hope to see a mode like that. Crafting stuff and spawning things via console commands is working great but as far as I know, you can't edit the shape of land with commands that easily, if at all. Also changing the "properties" of some area permanently is something I haven't been able to do. I mean things like relocating the dragonfly's spawn point or the place where meteors hit. Even if it is possible there's no simple command like c_move() for it. That's a feature I'd like to have. I heard somewhere there's a mod that let's you edit the shape of your landmass but I don't know how it's called and haven't been able to find it. If that mod actually exists and somebody knows it's name, please tell me! Also if you know a way to permanently relocate, create or remove stuff like invisible spawn points or the sandstorm, I'd very much like to hear that too.

6 hours ago, Parusoid said:

also sharing saves between players is possible 

Except it's really not. :s

World saves are bound to the seed moreso then the actual cluster folder as far as I noticed. So when you send it to someone else they just get a vanilla, unmodified world under the same seed.

8 hours ago, Parusoid said:

You can already edit world, craft imidietly for free and not die with console commands and some mods, also sharing saves between players is possible 

I already know this, but I'm not talking about mods because they are not an actual part of the game. And I believe that console commands are only for pc, excluding the console players (which which includes me). As for sharing saves, I'm guessing that is also for pc only, and my suggestion was to share worlds so that literally anyone can get it.

I think the biggest enjoyment I get out of this game is to survive the harsh world conditions to gather unique materials required to create special craftable loots.

so this mod or game mode would destroy any entertainment I have with the game, However.. it’s also pretty much Identical to Minecraft’s Creative Mode (Another Game Mode in Which I don’t care to play at all because of the above reasoning) But for Minecraft- it disables the ability to earn Achievements in a Creative World.

I too am on console, and would not like this feature. I like that everything you see in a developed world on console is legit, with no mods or console commands. I hate to be that guy, but if you want DST to have a "creative mode" then you need to get so good at the game it feels like "creative mode". I spent years gitting gud so that now I can do whatever I want in the game and my only limitation is time and imagination. 

13 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

I think this could inspire a lot of players to start their own megabases or unique worlds if they had a good way to let the public see it. What do you guys think?

This is my goal too, but I want people to get there via hard work and dedication. I don't mean just megabases either. I'd really like to see more handcrafted worlds that offer new activities and don't nullify the game's natural challenges like a megabase does. 

9 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I too am on console, and would not like this feature. I like that everything you see in a developed world on console is legit, with no mods or console commands. I hate to be that guy, but if you want DST to have a "creative mode" then you need to get so good at the game it feels like "creative mode". I spent years gitting gud so that now I can do whatever I want in the game and my only limitation is time and imagination. 

This is my goal too, but I want people to get there via hard work and dedication. I don't mean just megabases either. I'd really like to see more handcrafted worlds that offer new activities and don't nullify the game's natural challenges like a megabase does. 

I’m 50/50 on the idea- only because I actually play Minecraft.. and have created some worlds with content a hundred times harder then the base game.

imagine IF DST actually had a world creator mode where we could build and place what we want whereever we want.. as many times as we want- (If you want to do an entire map of Dragonfly Biome with Magma Pits and Larvae you totally Could for example) it wouldn’t be challenging to YOU because you created it and know where everything is- but it might would be fun to download created worlds other players have made.

I don’t like the idea of “let’s make the game super easy by crafting whatever we want- but at the same time I LOVE the idea of Challenging Map Seeds other players have created for me to download and enjoy.

This might be way too much to ask for from Klei.. but none of you can deny how much more extra Replay value would be given to the game if each map you choose to download was player created and 100% unique.

I am from the decade of Tony Hawk Pro Skater games- Custom skateparks kept those games alive long after their developers stopped supporting them.

33 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

but it might would be fun to download created worlds other players have made.

THIS would be a great addition. I'd absolutely love to put my world up for anyone to download. 

I think this is the key distinction between solo DS and DST. DS is about the experience you have. DST is about the experience you can give others. 

20 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

my only limitation is time and imagination. 

That's the thing, that time is your limitation. I haven't actually touched my precious megabase world in months because I was getting burnt out on how much time I was putting into boring chores like farming resources, cleaning the world of trash, chopping down a whole forest's worth of wood, picking up a whole forest's worth of wood, and crafting planks and such from a whole forest's worth of wood. It's boring and so time consuming. I have other stuff going on in my life that are more important than spending hours on a video game. The only real time I was able to put in for my megabase was on Saturday mornings. It was sucking the fun away from the game I love so much.

I also love seeing megabase worlds on consoles because as you said, they are legit without any mods or console commands. But at this point, I still want some sort of world edit mode, so that people can still build megabases, if they don't have time for making it the legit way.

Also, merry Christmas!

Archived