New Character, New Random Events (Rook's Events and Opportunities List)

TF3

On 12/29/2019 at 4:32 PM, Wumpus the 19th said:

there's a batch of lumin grenades on a caravan swarmed with bugs.

It was caravan right? Its not just a derivative of the traveler remains in a cavern? Im asking cuz I confused cavern with caravan when I first saw the traveler remains event, and both seem to have bugs in common. Ill add what you posted to the main post, but Id personally like an affirmative post since I want to know if they're the same event or not.

Got one of the new events, added to the main post. Bogger stops you and tries to force you to remove your parasite. Only offered to remove my combat parasite so I dont know if its random or just specifically the combat parasite. I also only had it level 1, so I dont know if there's any unique interactions for having it higher level. Considering the dialogue being the bogger saying Rook's "not worthy of it", I assume there's some hidden stuff to that event. Will appreciate if any of you guys post any results with higher level parasites.

Two more found and added to the main post. The weaponsmith Opportunity provides some neat lore info for Rook's past and an interesting way to change your playstyle. Getting it on day 1 (dont know if its possible) would be very interesting if you also end up fighting the Hesh boss.

The dirty graft is a random graft given at the steep price of another parasite card.

Just need to get the Sal vs Nature event and we'll be caught up to all the latest new events.

*ahem*

You hear an ungodly commotion up ahead (after i came from getting new graft slots, at 11 hp)

A lone merchant is staring down a wild GRAWKIT with a SHORT KNIFE

Shel: Stay back, old man!

This thing's dangerous (ya god damn think?)

The merchant dodges an attack with surprising agility, and counters with a wild swing

Her knife throws up sparks as it scrapes ineffectively against the beast's tough hide

your options, or rather, my god damn options, were

Fight with Shel as backup

or

Fight it alone (Wait for the fight to end)

This was my attempt to both vent my anger at the lost run cowardice i had to display while using the secret joestar technique and be productive for the griftlands community.

simply put, fight a grawkit with Shel. no choice in the matter.

Dude I keep confusing Sal with Shel whenever they're mentioned in the update posts. I was so confused as to why Sal was getting a second random event in Rook's campaign and didnt realize it was Shel the whole time.

You can now also encounter a Grawkit during "Deeper into the Bog" event (after getting Weary card), I've also ran into a few Boggers (Clobbers & Cultivator) for that same encounter, so that fight is definitely made a lot harder.

Really like the event where you can change the amount of charge cells from your guns. If you have the money available to add 2 cells it would make a few cards pretty insane (fan the hammer, loader, blowout etc) and make some Ability cards a lot better too (Backfire, Scatterphase). Would probably have to invest abit more into normal Charge-generating cards though.

Found an event that I didnt realize was added. Bog Cultivator trying to preach to a Heavy Laborer. First time I saw the Bogger's core argument. It causes you to lose 1 Influence and 1 Dominance per turn. Added to the main post.

New quest for Sal, "Competing bid" : "{giver} wants you to track down and capture {target}, but has been cagey about the details."

Sal got a bounty to collect, but there's another rival hunter trying to collect it too. Sal can ask the hunter to join them or work alone. Sal finds the target's location through a local. Sal then goes to the target and brings them back to quest giver. If Sal asked the hunter to join she has to share the money, or not, you know how it works.

From the script it seems like rival hunter can be (Admiralty/Spree/Jakes), while locals can be (Laborer/Heavy Laborer/Formen/Merchants), and the target can be (Bilebroker/Rise/Bogger) with titles scaling on difficulty of the quest.

Thanks for that, unfortunately, this thread is specifically for the events and opportunities in Rook's campaign. I dont really have the energy to type up all of Sal's campaign from 0 at this point in time. Hopefully others would be interested at some point to also compile all the info in Sal's campaign and it would be useful for them.

Now that Rook's story is done and there's an influx of new players I figured Id give this thread a bump so any new people can learn all the events and opportunities in Rook's campaign. I've also took it upon myself to clean up the main post's formatting and now all events and opportunities are behind spoiler bars so that they dont take up the majority of the page.

Dont mean to triple post, but its been so long since Ive last gotten the Loanshark event that Ive forgotten you actually need to eventually pay the loanshark back. Updated the main post with the second portion. I had First Impressions on, resulting in the merchant loving me (Haggle Badge is useless on Rook btw), and found out that combat against the loanshark doesnt diminish his relationship with you. Ill need more info on the third portion (asking for more time), paying back the loan in full at a regular relationship level (I was broke when I got the second part), and what happens when you have no grafts to give the merchant.

On 12/14/2019 at 6:04 AM, Jack2121 said:

I... I... Just..

I can even fight Sal!

You can also meet Sparky instead of Jeol

That's pretty sweet. I got the Sparky event but didn't realize there were more options. Out of curiosity, when you completed the event with Sal did she offer you one of her cards? I was given an option to pick 1 of 3 combo cards (kinda useless but cool nonetheless).

On 3/8/2020 at 10:44 AM, Wumpus the 19th said:

*ahem*

You hear an ungodly commotion up ahead (after i came from getting new graft slots, at 11 hp)

A lone merchant is staring down a wild GRAWKIT with a SHORT KNIFE

simply put, fight a grawkit with Shel. no choice in the matter.

Fun thing about this event; if you sit back and watch, Shel gets trampled and the Grawkit attacks Rook. Killing it will have Rook facing Shel, who survived it, and she demands he pays her 50-200 shills for softening it up for him, lol. You can then choose to attack her... if you're an absolute monster.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:36 PM, pacovf said:

If you Hatch the Bog secret card before she checks on you, you get a Bog Doom card (1-6 damage, double panic threshold, expend). When she checks on you, you "explain (negotiate) what you saw. Success will lead to her loving you.

I'm not sure if it's RNG, but I've gotten another card Bog Down, 1 cost, stun, expend. As best as I can remember, I've gotten 1 of each from this event, 2 Bog Downs from the deep bog expedition event, and then another Bog Down from a chest I cracked somewhere. I've also gotten another Bog Doom at some point earlier, so altogether, it may be a 50/50 chance.

On 12/13/2019 at 8:21 AM, TF3 said:
  • A Jakes asks you to travel with them into the Deep Bog for their research
  1. Choosing to follow them into the Deep Bog will initially give you either Weary (1 cost Battle Status Card. When drawn, lose 1 action. Destroy) or Spooked (2 cost Negotiation Status Card. When drawn, discard a random card. Destroy). Continuing to follow them will result in combat with wild animals or Boggers. The Boggers fight will be isolated.
  2. Choosing to not follow them from the start results in them disliking you
  3. At the end of the event, you're told they want to sacrifice you in order to unlock the secrets of the Bog. You can negotiate with them to tell them they're insane and you both go off on your merry ways
  4. Choosing to fight them instead will result in an isolated fight.
  5. If you choose to abandon them after agreeing to work with them at any point, they will hate you.
  6. An alternate ending can occur where they go crazy thinking they've found riches instead of wanting to kill you. You can negotiate for real riches, or leave them alone causing them to love you.

Killing the Jake gets you two Bog Secrets cards.

• Stumble upon a Feral Vroc and Cobbledog fighting each other
  1. Choose to help the Cobbledog results in combat against the Vroc. Results in an option to keep Cobbledog as a pet.
  2. Choose to help the Vroc results in combat against the Cobbledog. Results in an option to keep the untrained Vroc as a pet.
  3. Waiting it out results in combat with one of the two at random(?)
  4. Leave and nothing happens

I have done this event and not gotten a pet, even when I didn't have another pet on me. Might be random.

• Sal arrives and asks for your help in a difficult bounty
  1. Agree to help for 200 shills and track down a random Day 1 boss from Sal's storyline
  2. Attacking the boss results in an isolated combat against the boss and Sal loving you
  3. Defending the boss results in an isolated combat against Sal and Sal hating you, as well as some extra shills

So turning on Sal and killing her gets you her death loot,Red Scarf, which is an amazing item: Unplayable, Replenish, +1 power when drawn. Plus 400 shills!

Siding with Sal, then turning down the shills lets you draft 1 of 5 random Sal cards.

• You find Shel fighting a Grawkit
  1. Fight a Grawkit with Shel as backup
  2. Wait and see how it ends to fight a Grawkit alone
  3. Leave the merchant to her fate to escape

Because Shel is Shel, fighting with Shel results in her getting mad at you and demanding you pay her protection money, leading to the same event as Sal's encounter: pay her, hire her, negotiate with her, or beat her up. I can't recall if she ends up disliking you or hating you if you beat her up.

16 hours ago, hippofant said:

Killing the Jake gets you two Bog Secrets cards.

Will update to include that. Completely slipped my mind when I wrote it.

So turning on Sal and killing her gets you her death loot,Red Scarf, which is an amazing item: Unplayable, Replenish, +1 power when drawn. Plus 400 shills!

Siding with Sal, then turning down the shills lets you draft 1 of 5 random Sal cards.

Will not update for the scarf since death loot is implied for isolated combat and the compendium is available for everyone to check Sal's death loot. The card draft I was supposed to update a long while ago since so many people mentioned it but I couldnt for the life of me figure out what caused it. Now I know, you gotta pass on the shills.

Because Shel is Shel, fighting with Shel results in her getting mad at you and demanding you pay her protection money, leading to the same event as Sal's encounter: pay her, hire her, negotiate with her, or beat her up. I can't recall if she ends up disliking you or hating you if you beat her up.

Will update thanks. I heard that Shel actually survives after you fight the Grawkit on your own, but I rarely ever get that event so I could never verify.

I still need to type up the Jakes loader event and the Hesh Zealot event, but Ive rarely gotten them.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:43 PM, TF3 said:

I still need to type up the Jakes loader event and the Hesh Zealot event, but Ive rarely gotten them.

I just got the Jakes loader event. Offered 30 shills to help them re-load the equipment. Can negotiate them up to 50.

Taking the job results in a combat. It can be 2 wild fleads, 2 wild erchins, 4 feral autodogs, 3 Rise rebels, or 2 Spark Barons. If the attack is humanoids, you get to choose between negotiation or combat.

Leaving immediately has no impact. Leaving after engaging in any way results in the loader disliking you.

Defending them in combat results in their loving you. (Might only be if you defend against humanoids. Didn't redo the event that many times to check.)

Archived