Rhymes with Play - Hook, Line, and Inker (Return of Them Beta) Dev Cast

On 11/28/2019 at 11:22 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Could compromise by allowing Pig King to teleport us there long enough to play the event and then close off the teleport device once it’s completed...

Ive never been to an Oasis, I’ve never seen an Ancient Gateway, I’ve Never Crafted a Meat Effigy or a Life Giving Amulet, and I’ve only managed to find Lunar Island ONCE..

Which is why I continue to repeat myself a million times- that sometimes people simply lose sight of what it’s like to play this game without knowing absolutely EVERYTHING there is to know about it.

I don't really understand this attitude. Why are you acting so proud of lacking basic knowledge on the game? Never having seen the oasis would mean you haven't fully explored the surface even once during years of gameplay....

There's nothing wrong with learning the game by experiencing things, I'd even say it's a good thing. But it's kind of silly to act proud of not knowing such incredibly simple parts of the game, and also say that Klei should "compromise" by allowing you to skip the game's progression for new content.

Why do I want to watch guides on a Survival game? A game that is advertised as an open sandbox where I can play and survive in it my way.

you guys make absolutely no sense AT ALL, it isn’t fun to play a game and know everything about it.. And what’s more I shouldn’t have to know everything about it to play new content. Lore or no Lore.

The people hosting those guides either looked up everything online or had to figure it out for themselves.

Just because I don’t understand how to use Warly’s kit Items doesn’t mean I need to go fight some final boss.

i said- and allow me to repeat myself, they can add In a way to have Pig King teleport you to the MINI-GAME a trip that tosses you directly into the new Mini-Game and then back out of it right back at the Kings feet once you lose, Not to some final ultimate boss that has to be killed first.. 

IF I knew all of Warlys food recipes and which ones were the best and worst to make for him, why would I ever panickingly toss random foods into his cookpots when I’m starving And hope for results that keep me alive and not more wet goop?

Theres a world of difference between Console players and PC Players-

PC Players like to know the exact health, the exact damage, the best weapons, the best attack strategy, Etc Etc...

Console gamers just build a spear and whack something with it & then run for their lives afterwards when the end results aren’t to their liking.

There are rare cases where you might find a few batches of players on Xbox that fully knows exactly what they are doing, but there’s also a extremely high chance that those same players looked up GUIDES online and now that they have no real challenge in survival their only form of Entertainment is to randomly join other players worlds as Willow and set their bases on fire or take a hammer to all their structures and leave the game with all their important irreplaceable items.

But instead of taking my word for it- buy the game on Xbox and see for yourself. Not only would you be supporting Klei even further by buying the game again, but you might also learn that most console worlds don’t last but about 30-40 days.

Theres also a HUGE Lag Spike on Consoles that can at times make the game entirely unplayable. (If too many creatures end up in one Area such as a MASSIVE Tallbird nest for example.. or Hundreds of Grass Gecko in one Area- That MAP becomes completely Unplayable.. and your only option is to start a brand new one.. unless you just enjoy being lagged right back into the middle of whatever mob is trying to kill you)

I wish Klei would add an in-game report world option that would allow us to send them direct information on world seeds that crash/ lag down the game.

I don’t own a PC so it would be impossible to copy my save files onto a USB and port them into a Save folder on PC to send to them. :( 

You could argue that DST was never intended to play on Consoles, but then when you compare it to GTA V or Red Dead Redemption 2, you can’t help but ask yourself why it doesn’t run flawlessly on the Xbox?

But TL:DR 

@JoeW

Is there any possible way that you guys can release an In-Game world report feature for the Xbox version of DST? Similar to how you can send direct world seed feedback to Mojang in the Beta build for Minecraft?

I believe if more players could send you guys files of slow laggy world gens it would better help to identify what lags Xbox/PS4 worlds down so much.

22 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I don't really understand this attitude. Why are you acting so proud of lacking basic knowledge on the game? Never having seen the oasis would mean you haven't fully explored the surface even once during years of gameplay....

There's nothing wrong with learning the game by experiencing things, I'd even say it's a good thing. But it's kind of silly to act proud of not knowing such incredibly simple parts of the game, and also say that Klei should "compromise" by allowing you to skip the game's progression for new content.

His argument is "PC gamers want to spoil the fun. Us console folk are much more humble. We like to figure things out ourselves." I'm on console. He doesn't speak for me. IMO, if you have racked up 2+ years of experience in the game and have stayed leashed at a base by the Florid Postern you don't deserve to demand lore-breaking shortcuts to content. 

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

His argument is "PC gamers want to spoil the fun. Us console folk are much more humble. We like to figure things out ourselves." I'm on console. He doesn't speak for me. IMO, if you have racked up 2+ years of experience in the game and have stayed leashed at a base by the Florid Postern you don't deserve to demand lore-breaking shortcuts to content. 

I reckon he is perfectly content to die over and over and never reach what makes the game fun. I hate to be the one to say this but I assume it's less of wanting to spoil and more of his competence when it comes to basic survival

59 minutes ago, Casul said:

I reckon he is perfectly content to die over and over and never reach what makes the game fun. I hate to be the one to say this but I assume it's less of wanting to spoil and more of his competence when it comes to basic survival

Without Major game spoilers, i would kinda like to know your idea of what makes the game “fun”..

for me simply figuring out how to not freeze to death during Winter or have my base turn into a blazing inferno of literal hell and fire during Summer is My Idea of Fun.

I had a guy join my world and Solo kill some big Cyclops boss creature Deerclops. exclaiming that it’s Eye was a very important resource we needed, when I asked him what it did- He replies that it provides 100% Rain protection.

I started to reply with Wait.. That’s All? But I didn’t, I just stood there in my Straw-Hat holding my Umbrella.

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I had a guy join my world and Solo kill some big Cyclops boss creature Deerclops. exclaiming that it’s Eye was a very important resource we needed, when I asked him what it did- He replies that it provides 100% Rain protection.

I started to reply with Wait.. That’s All? But I didn’t, I just stood there in my Straw-Hat holding my Umbrella.

"That's all?" LOL. Wearing an eye-brella frees up your hand slot so you can hold something more important and useful than just an umbrella, like for example: a tool, a weapon, or a walking cane. *oof* :?

Anyway can we just stay on topic here, none of this has to do with Hook, Line, and Inker.

17 minutes ago, reichull said:

"That's all?" LOL. Wearing an eye-brella frees up your hand slot so you can hold something more important and useful than just an umbrella, like for example: a tool, a weapon, or a walking cane. *oof* :?

Anyway can we just stay on topic here, none of this has to do with Hook, Line, and Inker.

Fair enough, but until that content arrives on consoles I can’t really say anything about it. 

I can hope that they made the sea more life-like with “almost” Shipwrecked style levels of Ocean life but until the update hits Consoles (which probably won’t be for at least another week) I don’t really have much to say about it. 

Although I believe fishing should be more like Red Dead Redemption 2, needing baits, and a little more work to catch fish then just mashing A and then smashing A again when the joystick rumbles.. maybe have fish struggle on the line a bit so you gotta attempt to reel them in?

One last thing before I agree that we should drop this topic: people are one hundred percent entitled to their own opinions of what makes this game fun. As long as we aren’t pushing it on each other there really shouldn’t be a problem here. We’re all playing a game that we all like (hopefully) by some wonderful devs (objectively) with a wonderful community (most of the time :p).

Archived